bni- first meeting today

Name
Ron lippold
:D :? So everyone tell me pros and cons of bni is it worth it. Who uses it,how long and how beneficial. Small group or large group, there are several in town. :idea: :idea: thanks for all the help.

JaminT

I know a lot of people (including people i used to work for) who have used BNI effectively. For a newer business especially, the networking possibilities can be excellent for expanding your business. However, keep in mind that BNI groups are kinda like franchises: they are only as good as the people running them. I have seen/heard of some BNI groups that are extremely successful, and some that are a total waste of time.

WISE

BNI has been great for me. Just switched chapters to one real close to my office. Good folks at this one too. Well worth the time. You get what you give as with anything. You can't just go, eat, sit there and expect to get the ball rolling. I am usually the last one to leave, try to talk to as many people as I can to get to know them personally. Try to get referrals for the others in the group and they will get them for you. The law of recipricocity in action.

WISE

WISE said:
BNI has been great for me. Just switched chapters to one real close to my office. Good folks at this one too. Well worth the time. You get what you give as with anything. You can't just go, eat, sit there and expect to get the ball rolling. I am usually the last one to leave, try to talk to as many people as I can to get to know them personally. Try to get referrals for the others in the group and they will get them for you. The law of recipricocity in action.

WISE
WISE, you're right on the money!

I know I'm in a different business than you all, but I've found BNI to be a great source of business for my company.

I would recommend visiting a couple of different chapters and join the one which you get the best "vibe" from. As some one else mentioned, not all chapters are equal and some groups are just better than others.

Then, as WISE said, make an effort to get to know the other people in the group and provide them with referrals. You will find that the longer you're in the group and the better people know you, the more referrals you will receive.

Heck, I'm here today because of BNI. We have a carpet cleaner in our chapter who I'm working with. He recommended me to Mikey P, who I'm now working with, and Mikey P let me know about this board.

Anyway, good luck and I hope BNI works out for you.

-Glenn

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i know a lot of ppl (good friends) who do a lot of different trades / jobs. i went as a guest to a BNI meeting and i can tell it isn't for me. i am not comfortable selling for someone else that i don't know that well. even if/when i did get to know them, like i said i still have alot of other fam members and friends who do most everything. i'd rather give them the business.

there's a possible con.

thanx --- Derek.

G

I'm in a local leads group (not BNI, but similar). I've been a member for 4 years. I just decided this week that I'm not going to keep my membership.

When I was starting my biz the leads group was great. Its an easy way to meet people and get to know them. I got several great leads that will continue to refer me work once I'm out of the group.

My problem now is the cost and the return aren't as great as what I can do with that money elsewhere. Our meetings aren't at the best time for me either.

And the others are right on, you get what you give. If you don't refer others and get to know them don't expect anything coming your way.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
we love it, we have been doing it for 6 months and get 2-3 jobs per week, we then turn those into 5 jobs each with our referral program. one of the best things we ever did, and we have done a lot of things.
dave

Tom Mock

I just joined my local chapter last month. I am working on my 60 second commercial. If anyone has any ideas... let me know!

Bob Foster

Introduction 18 Seconds
I’m xxxxx the owner of xxxxxxxxxxxx Upholstery Care
My business offers its services to both homes and commercial customers. We are trained and certified experts in
1. Cleaning of Carpets and Area rugs including wool carpets
2. Cleaning of Upholstery for in your home or office
3.Cleaning of Commercial Properties in particular professional offices

Story 20 Seconds
Do you know how dirty even clean looking carpets can get even after 6 months? If you have little kids, you know the rug rat kind that are crawling everywhere, well these carpets should be cleaned every 6 months. Chances are that if you have a Rug Rat you can bet that they look like they need to be cleaned in less than 6 months. Carpets hold in dirt that can not be seen readily.

Ask for the Business 10 Seconds
A good referral for me is one of your friends or associates who have Rug Rats, preferably the juice toting type!

Call for Action 5 Seconds
I can get those carpets real dry fast to that the kids can mess them up again real fast after I leave, so please call some one you know that frequents the diaper isles at the grocery store.

Memory Hook 7 Seconds
Call XXXXXX and experience a NEW LEVEL OF CLEAN.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom