Administrator
20180508_110400.jpg 20180508_110355.jpg 20180508_110351.jpg
20180508_110400.jpg
20180508_110355.jpg
20180508_110351.jpg

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
the warranties are of course bs but solution dyed nylon is pretty awsome.

still I didnt install carpet in my house lol, go figure

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
they will never install it in the cookie cutter tract/development homes, the only reason they even install carpet at all is because its the cheapest thing they can cover the plywood with in the upstairs bedrooms.

high end homes around here usually always have nylon or at a least a decent stainmaster carpet of some sort that isnt totally cheap.

Reactions: Jimmy L

hogjowl

Idiot™
Recommending solution dyed nylon has put me at odds with my best referring carpet store often over the years. They push triexta hard. I’m surprised they haven’t stop recommending me by now.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Recommending solution dyed nylon has put me at odds with my best referring carpet store often over the years. They push triexta hard. I’m surprised they haven’t stop recommending me by now.

This is a problem that continues to plague our industry: Referrals from carpet stores, furniture stores, and designers are helpful to our businesses. On the other hand, its difficult to keep our mouths shut when it comes to our customers buying any of the "polys", or in the case of rugs, viscose.

In the end, tact is critical, and of course you'll be referring them to buy the preferred fiber from the the people who refer you.

In my opinion, your direct customer is the most important party. Just watch out how you say things when it comes to the "other choices" (a better word, for example, than "garbage") that the stores and designers are enamored with.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I was under the impression that the carpet shops get a higher margin of profit on Triexta and the likes. They make more money on it, therefore have a short term financial interest in promoting that inferior product.

Disgusting but likely true.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Shaw Industries shut down their carpet mill, but...
https://www.dwcarpet.com/our-story/

Is this Shaw Industries in the carpet side or did someone buy out the carpet side of Shaw? Either way, I'm glad a leading flooring company is investing back into carpet. Hearing that Shaw shut down their carpet mill kinda scared me

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Shaw Industries shut down their carpet mill, but...
https://www.dwcarpet.com/our-story/

Is this Shaw Industries in the carpet side or did someone buy out the carpet side of Shaw? Either way, I'm glad a leading flooring company is investing back into carpet. Hearing that Shaw shut down their carpet mill kinda scared me
Shaw is still producing... they may have shut down one of their mills, but they have several more.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I am plagued more and more with crap poly. I love when I get an old Nylon. The wear issues with poly and Olefin and what the retailers are telling their customers are creating a lot of problems. People are having wear issues after a year when they think they got a 20 year carpet. I had on retailer (Design Times) tell a customer that the wear in front of the couch was from improper cleaning techniques. They had this lady so mad at me it was unbelievable. I made a second trip out there and showed her under a jewelers loop how the fivers were worn.

Reactions: jeremy parr

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
When recommending a carpet any type of flooring just state the facts as you have seen them in your experience as a carpet cleaner. Your opinion doesn't matter because it is just that an opinion. Let the customer make up their own mind. You are a floor care person get the homeowner talking about their floors and how long they have been down pretty soon you will have an abundance of knowledge as far as durability and cleanability of any type of floor. Homeowners may want your input just not your opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom