Bomanite stamped concrete cleaning

I have to do an estimate for cleaning a bomanite stamped concrete floor which is basically poured concrete that has been stained and then stamped to add a pattern. It looks like brick, but it is not. The floor has a sealer on it. I have never cleaned one of these. I did some research and the website I found said to use neutral floor cleaners only as acid will etch and alkali cleaners can leave a white coating. Just trying to get some feedback from someone that has actually cleaned a floor like this.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
I have a stamped.patio and I have read that there are mildly acidic.cleaners for stamped....and..I have also read that zylenol is used to thin old sealer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We have used neutral cleaners (Viper 7 or Spinergy Vivid) for moderate soiling levels. More alkaline cleaners (Spinergy Stone Perfect or Viper Venom) are needed for heavier soiling. However, they will not leave a residue if rinsed well. SX-12, SX-15, Turbo or similar spinner tools should do a fine job of rinsing. No rinse agent needed unless you are working with very hard water.

Reactions: daniel@procarpet

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Stone Pro Crystal Clean with light agitation and low pressure extraction is another alterative as well

burbuja2

Name
Michael R. Zsembik
I used to own a decorative concrete company. If the sealer is intact, then all of the contaminants are on top of the sealer and not imbedded in the concrete. Hot water rinse should be sufficient for contaminant removal. Use common dishwashing detergent if you really want to go all out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P and GCCLee
Floor has been stained and the owner applied polyurethane to it. Cleaning it should not be a problem. In fact it really does not look that dirty. They want me to clean and recoat it. Is there any reason I can't apply more polyurethane to the floor?

glenboy

Name
GLEN
My stamped.patio hasnt been sealed in 7 yrs...this summer I want to clean it well and re seal it....any advice.on the unsealed cleaning

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

burbuja2

Name
Michael R. Zsembik
As long as you know what the original sealer was , you can always recoat with that. You do not want a situation where the original sealer resists the attempted application of the new sealer.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
As long as you know what the original sealer was , you can always recoat with that. You do not want a situation where the original sealer resists the attempted application of the new sealer.

Mike,
Does this all apply to the look a like brick done on the outside of houses now days? or is that stucco, sounds similar.

Chris

Welcome Aboard : ) Thanks fur postin!

burbuja2

Name
Michael R. Zsembik
I'm not sure I understand your question. The brick referred to in the original post is simply concrete where an integral color is added and then the concrete is stamped before it dries to reveal a pattern. It could also be an overlay where an inch or so of a colored polymer is troweled over plain concrete and is then stamped. This same effect can be obtained by the use of stencils or tape where a much thinner polymer application is used. In all instances, sealer is applied once the decorative finish is dry.

Reactions: Mikey P

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
They put it on the outside of houses here. Looks like brick from a distance.

Same thing?

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom