Booties to keep from falling on wet hard surface floors...

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Since adding tile and grout cleaning, I have been slipping and sliding around while cleaning and sealing tile/grout, and even falling a few times. I am just getting tired of those EXTREMELY slippery tile floors when they are wet.

I had heard about something you could get for your shoes, such as booties, but I've not been able to pin that down yet.

So today, before leaving for a tile and grout job, I looked around the shop for something that I could put on my shoes to keep from slipping. It had to be something quick to get on and off, as I go out to the van several times during tile cleaning to start and stop the TM, and for various other things.

There in a corner was a stack of blue Microfiber towels we picked up at Sam's Club a few months back. As you know, the Microfiber grips real well. As I laid the towel on the floor to see how the size was, I placed my foot diagonally across the towel, and picked up the 2 outside corners, and tied a single slip knot on top of my shoestrings.

Amazing. These towels stayed on my shoes for the entire job, and only came off (in 2 seconds) when I took them off to go outside, and then they went back on in 2 seconds when I returned.

Not once did my footing feel as if it were about to give way during the cleaning, and the sealing.

What a concept. They're washable, so they're reusable. You can even use them for booties when necessary for walking on clean carpet.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
You can get stripper slippers at your local jan/san supply house... They're made out of "black pad" material with little elastic straps.

Greenie

The Safetys are avail in a couple of different styles, I had a pair of sneakers and the ones pictured.

Fon Johnson

Bob, did you find any of the chicopee booties? They work well. Another option is shoes for crews. Those are what most restaurants mandate their employees wear. They actually have a guarantee where they pay so much out if you have a slip and fall claim.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom