boxxer 421 low heat

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
I noticed the light on the side of the fuse box that says heat mode doesnt light up. After going thru a bunch of things i just noticed this. The bypass light does work. I pulled the main temp fuse while it was running and it didnt seem to affect anything. Fuse is good tried a new one to be certain.

What ive done so far- replaced thermal valve, cleaned the dema valve on the waste tank, took out blower heat exchanger and cleaned fins, descaled. It doent dump into the tank until 200 or so. I can get the heat up to 200 but takes a while. I noticed it will hit 200 then back off then slowly work back to 200 with dial set to 240.

The heat adjustment dial seems to work because when turning it down it immediately dumps water to waste tank etc.The diverter works fine.

I see 3 sensors coming out of the high pressure manifold and one in the water box. The bottom one looks like along thin round piece of metal and the wires go right to the fuse box so im suspecting thats the problem.Im not good with electrical issues at all. I dont know the difference between a sender and a sensor.

The part where i pull the fuse and nothing happens throws me. Any ideas?

Thanks

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
OK sounds like the temp gauge just isnt accurate. Marcus at hydramaster said brand new gauges can be plus or minus 15degrees, 5 and half yrs old could be plus or minus 50. Something about the resistence at the crimps in the wires causing inaccuracy etc. Would just have to measure temp at outcoming water.

That actually makes sense cause the water seemed pretty hot, just couldnt find any kind of gauge around the house to check it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom