Boxxer 427 heating problem

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I have a Boxxer 427 and it will not heat the water. any suggestions on what to look for to trouble shoot. the unit has about 1300 hours and the previous owner did very little maintenance to this unit. :shock:

The first thing you need to do is De-scale your machine. That is the first thing that we do when there is any heating issues.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I had a old prochem unit and when it didn't heat anymore thats what I did.

Check those internal filter screens before and after descaling.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
i guess i should have mentioned that i have de scaled it a few times since i have had it.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
When you say it does not heat the water, does it not get warm at all? Cause, that could be some weird bypass setup. Machine may be in divert non-stop, filter and orifices maybe plugged (front of the machine, big hex nuts), may have some other issues. I would check filters, the orifices, engine thermostat, and the diverter valve.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
What Kevin Said..... Also from what I understand the 427 has some serious maintenance procedure about removing and flushing the engine heat exchanger once a year because of Carbon Build up. I am not a Hydramaster Dist. so I will have to check the manual to be sure if that is 1)true and 2) if it would have anything to do with you not getting heat but I would take your machine in and have someone who is qualified look at your machine.

carpetsteamer

heat issues

Also from what I understand the 427 has some serious maintenance procedure about removing and flushing the engine heat exchanger once a year because of Carbon Build up.
I am pretty sure that is just the Boxxer 421.

How old is your machine? If you had one of the introductory machines....
There is a retro Kit for the muffler.
There was some trouble with the diverters and they have a retro kit for that as well.

Call your local hydramaster distributor and they should let you know if your machine needs any of these retro fits.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Re: heat

carpetsteamer said:
If your diverter light isnt coming on you know its a diverter problem
The diverter light is not coming on to show that it is in heat mode.

T

The Magician

Clean the orifice's/filters and jet/ Dot not mix the jets up. They are different sizes
Check the divert-er valve see if the rod moves in and out.
*Pull the lid off the tank and see if the sensor is stuck open diverting water into the waste tank
Any hoses leaking?

The Preacher

is it a water cooled engine?? if so, check the coolant level in the engine. i had a PC405 with that problem!!!

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Check the orifices. If they are not in the proper holes, the machine will circulate too much water and you won't have heat.

So, do you have ANY heat at all?

Mark

Possibly temp control switch mine was just replaced two days ago @1200 hrs i was having simmilar problems but it was off and on it would stick it self in heat bypass mode

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom