Boxxer pump question

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
My LATEST issue with my 427, the pump started going on and off after about a half hour into a job. The unit is a 2004 model with about 1400 hours on it. The 'overheat protection' light would come on and the pump would shut off every 5 seconds or so. Of course when I get home to investigate it works fine. Today on a job I figured out that if I put a load on the vacuum it would start turning off, as soon as I removed the load it would work fine. I use the old rv360 with the swoophead, that thing sure clamps down on the carpet. I talked with the mechanic at the local dealer and he thinks the lower float thingy in the water box may be defective. I don't know why the vacuum and the float thing are related. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
The coupler broke a couple hundred hours ago, rubber pieces flew all over the place. One landed on the exhaust and caught fire, scared the crap out of me. The voltage regulator went out. I suspect the head gaskets are toast, it back fires when starting up and I keep losing coolant. I've had to replace float in water box. The water pump has always leaked a little bit of oil and water. Whenever I turn it off when it is hot, usually summer, takes forever to start. I'm pretty new at this business and I didn't know anything about tms and this unit was a lease return and I thought it was a good deal at the time. It had 200 hrs in a 02 Ford van for 15k. I would probably get something else if I could.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom