Brand new! Help please!

Discussion in 'the CleAn Room' started by claybalz, Aug 17, 2017.

By claybalz on Aug 17, 2017 at 11:25 AM
  1. claybalz
    claybalz

Name:
    Clayton
    Hey guys.. I'm new to all of this so of course in need of a little help! What portable to get? I currently work full but looking to get into cleaning mainly residential property on the side for now. I'm 25 and very ambitious I plan to expand into a full service business. I'm currently torn.. I know you get what you pay for and I was sold on the mytee 2002cs contractor special $1699 comes with a wand ready to go pretty good deal right? 120 psi, hot water, and 3 stage vac. But as I read I'm scared of the 120 psi.. I want to do a professional job and also invest in something I can use down the road! Considering the mytee itd5 I know it's a better machine more options adjustable pressed but would really rather save the extra 1500 dollars for now!! I understand that more psi and more heat is better and cleans faster. But my question is how much.. is the difference worth stretching the budget? Does anyone do much tile work with there carpet machine? I know it wouldn't be an option with the 120 psi any advice is very appreciated!
    Mark Saiger, Mikey P and Matt Wood like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'the CleAn Room' started by claybalz, Aug 17, 2017.

1. FredC
      FredC

Village Idiot

Name:
      Fred Cordell
      You're reading it right now
    2. Ofer Kolton
      Ofer Kolton

Name:
      Ofer Kolton
      I am trying to help Capitoni.
      You got to speak his language.
      sOOper hero likes this.
    3. Zee
      Zee

Supportive Member

Name:

Pew pew peeww..

Pewpewpeeewwww pew pew pew.

Pew

Pew pew pew.

Just helping, you help Larr.
      sOOper hero and Matt Wood like this.
    4. Onfire_02_01
      Onfire_02_01

Name:
      Jeremy Gray
      I will throw my two pennies into the pot of advice. (I have not read all six pages so I do appologize if this has been covered, just don't have the patience)
      I would suggest that you look at the 100* line that mytee has. They are a little bit lighter than the ltd line and will give you similar performance. You could also look at the namco manufacturing line of portables. The design is really user friendly. Out side of that I would suggest that you look for a portable with 2 3 stage vacuum motors and adjustable 500 psi pressure. 2 inch vac tubing would be a plus if you can get it. There are many companies that make such a machine, but where they all differ is in weight distribution. Think about pulling that portable up three flights of stairs in 80degree heat. The best portable available that has all the weight in the front will be cursed at and hated by the second floor. I have expierence with that so trust me. Also see what is available in your local distributors. Mytee may be what you want but if you have to order parts when things break you will be loosing money each day you have to wait.
      I will make myself available if you would like to do a ride along. PM me if interested.
      See if you can make it to either Mikey's fest or to the expierence in Vegas in September. Just starting out you may find the expierence to be better as you will be able to see more things/companies.
      Old Coastie likes this.
    5. Goomer
      Goomer

Name:
      Frank Mendo
      The first and foremost advice to give to anyone inquiring about portable equipment is to completely ignore anything and everything Chabbez has to say.

I leave you fooking jaggovs alone for a couple of days and Pinche Taco is free to run wild.

:hopeless:
    6. Mikey P
      Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
      Mike Pay-oh-tay

I turned it into an article. Not sure why the op bailed.

But I can guess.
    7. Goomer
      Goomer

Name:
      Frank Mendo
      He bailed as soon as he realized Taco is a douchebag with a deep-seeded hatred for portable equipment which no doubt stems from his insecurities about the size of his pecker.

Didn't take too long to figure it out either.
      hogjowl and Matt Wood like this.
    8. Desk Jockey
      Desk Jockey

Steve Rogers

Name:
      Rico
      Tisk tisk...like the world needs another POS porty cleaner.

:winky:
      Lee Stockwell and hogjowl like this.
    9. Old Coastie
      Old Coastie

Supportive Member

Name:
      Stephen
      Yeah, that's pretty much MY rice bowl around here.
    10. Goomer
      Goomer

Name:
      Frank Mendo
      Surely the world does not.

What the world does need is more cleaners who are skilled in the "craft" of utilizing and operating portable equipment.

:rockon:

One more thing sh!t-for-brainz.................

It's pointless to keep beating the age-old "TM's are better" argument to death as if anybody really disagrees with it.

Any sh!thead could successfully make that argument, as you have just shown.

This being true in no way changes the fact that for many operators and operations, at different stages of their growth, portable equipment is the best choice.

It's like someone arguing that you shouldn't no one should use a 33 blower merely because a 47 is better, which is true, when there are many other factors to consider.

It comes down to which choice is the best "fit" for the particular operators unique needs, not which is stronger.

That same argument is valid when comparing a porty to a entry level TM.

A TM is not the best "fit" for every operation.

Whether or not your a sh!tty hack or not is something else completely, not your equipment.

Look how far GeeAus has come along.

Much like your wife, I don't know why I even waste my time with you.
    11. claybalz
      claybalz

Name:
      Clayton
      Haha wow this turned in to quite the discussion! Some really good info.. I think I have decided to go with the sandia 80-5000 sniper it's 400- 1200 psi, 170 water lift 3 vac motors non heated though. $3500 so I can also offer tile cleaning if I chose.. it's obvious it isn't as good or effective as a 25,000 dollar truck mount system. But a guy should be able to make some money with the thing right? If I made $7500 with it I'd be happy.. I am ordering 150 door hangers and going to scatter them threw my community hopefully the calls come poring in! But really just testing the water. I live in a town of 7000 with with surrounding towns of 2000-4500 and no competition! One terribly over priced poorly managed rude company that also uses a portable. Would love for things to take off and advance offer other services power washing, windows etc.. but winter is just around the courner and carpet cleaning is where I see the market open for now. Plus the low cost of a portable is comforting if it didn't go well well surly I can make 3500 with it and have a good cleaner for my house! Having no experience is going to be steep learning curve but thankfully it's 2017 and we have forums!
    12. Desk Jockey
      Desk Jockey

Steve Rogers

Name:
      Rico
      Carpet cleaning for the most part is easy. Dry soil removal, precondition, agitate, extract. Heat helps greatly but agitation can compensate for heat. Higher PH chems help on heavily soiled carpets but your rinse should balance against the high PH.

If their is a distributor nearby go bend his ear for a few hours. They are glad to help, they have a vested interest in your success.

Focus heavily on marketing. I'm not suggesting spending tons of money but you need exposure to get work.

Good luck...just what the world needed..another POS portable carpet cleaner.

God help us! :winky:
      scottw and hogjowl like this.
    13. Ofer Kolton
      Ofer Kolton

Name:
      Ofer Kolton
      I spoke to god (other forum).
      You're on your own :winky:
      Desk Jockey likes this.
    14. hogjowl
      hogjowl

@

Name:
      Marty Sutley
      Dang Paco.
      That was on target
      And concise
      Strange
      sOOper hero and Desk Jockey like this.
    15. Nate The Great
      Nate The Great

Name:
      Nate W.
      Sounds like you got a .22 pea shooter..

Decent equipment is a plus to do a decent job.. Market/getting the work is the hardest part..
      Russ T. likes this.
    16. Bob Savage
      Bob Savage

Name:
      Bob Savage
    17. Lee Stockwell
      Lee Stockwell

FOJL

Name:
      Lee Stockwell
      Clay I personally know several great cleaners in Springfield and environs.
    18. hogjowl
      hogjowl

@

Name:
      Marty Sutley
      And that was Bobs best post ever!
    19. claybalz
      claybalz

Name:
      Clayton
      Haha yea it's going to be an experience that's for sure! but I'm hoping my good looks and hospitality will get my foot in the door! And help from you guys. Even you desk jockey!
    20. Desk Jockey
      Desk Jockey

Steve Rogers

Name:
      Rico