BRIDGEPOINT DIRECT RIP OFF???

Able 1

Name
Keith
That was the biggest rip off that I have ever dealt with... Thanks for the post T

Chris A

Name
Chris
I wonder if a class action suit (Against Market Partner, relax Scott) would be in order, I had a similar situation with them.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Mike,

Scott is a great guy and he's helped me out of many a pickle. Having said that, there's only one guy with any real juice at Bridgepoint. His name is Tom Porter. Knowing this, I strongly doubt that any cleaner will receive a refund directly from Bridgepoint. I would be surprised if Bridgepoint, the Interlink network, the finance company (formerly known as Aztec) or the holding company (Bridgewater) exists in their current form five years from now. This episode with Market Partners is not an isolated incident but rather a symptom of an underlying problem - lack of quality leadership.

I hope I'm wrong and have no idea what I'm talking about.

Mikey P

Administrator
Were any of you made aware that your advertising contract was with this other company (Marketing Partners) or were you signing your checks over to Bridgepoint?

IMO a Contractor is responsible for his Sub's actions.

How many others here have had problems?

I know of only one other who is shy about stepping up.

Name
George Valliant
Don't be shy.... It's ok to make a fool of yourself... Ain't that right Bawb's?

No problems with Interlink Supply here other than their GE Money Card is at a rediculous 16% after the 90 days same as cash. If you use it make sure it's paid off fast!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Re: BRIDGEPOINT DIRECT RIP OFF???

it's in the 10's of thousands here. Bridgepoint called these guys and sold them this program as being theirs but when they got ripped off they have been trying to wash the blood off their hands.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
IMO a Contractor is responsible for his Sub's actions.

Don't know enough about what appears to be a debacle, but I was thinking the exact same thing before I got to your post.

I've always liked and trusted Scott Warrington, but appears he's running damage control for his employer on this issue.

what do you say, Scott?

..L.T.A.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I bought based on a talk with Scottw and him pushing it when Mikey got his jondon card

Able 1

Name
Keith
I never recieved anything for my money absolutely nothing!

That being said I have used two members of this site to do some ad things for me and I couldn't be more pleased! Vary fast, vary professional, no problems... Why is it so hard for Bridgepoint? I did not know that Market Partner was even envolved till it showed up on my CC.

I wish I found MB before I made this purchase!

I payed them back in Feb. thinking I was going to get some sweet ass spring flyers...

When I told them on the initial "phone conference" I just want the min. 3 month obligation they said it would just be that charge but then they started taking more money off my CC.

Hard if not impossible to deal with them no returned phone calls or emails...

steve g

Name
steve garrett
when I got a call from these guys, they told me they where bridgepoint, I thought they where employees of BP/interscam supply. that is the only reason I talked to them, if someone calls me from BP I don't mind shootin the breeze with them, it wasn't until their attacking, non stop harassing calls and seeing other complain about it here that I got wise to what was going on, bottom line is these guys represented themselves as working for BP, thinking back on what was said this looks bad for BP, really bad......

good ole Evan from ICS, every time his name comes up, I remember how they where totally complicent in letting ACE truckmounts have a boot at connections. they knew they had ripped off people, but they took the money anyways. knowing more people would get phucked out of more money. whats the difference between that and buying something from a guy that you know he stole from someone else. aren't you just as guilty. they knew AND THEY TOOK THE MONEY ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I would have replied to these posts sooner if they had been during the week. I don't look at the baords over the weekend.

First let me say that I understand your frustration. We are frustrated, too. Bridgepoint is having its reputation harmed by those misrepresenting themselves as being Bridgepoint.

For any that don't know the whole story, let me reply to each point.

Did Bridgepoint Call Anyone to Promote This?
Comments (sucha s John Olson's) that Bridgepoint was calling anybody trying to sell this program are absolutely false. To the best of my knowledge, Bridgepoint did not call anyone.

We did hear of numberous reports of employees at Market Partners calling or otherwise representing themselves as working for Bridgepoint. That was not the case. Official representing Bridgepoint met several times with officials from Market Partners trying to get this practice stopped. We wanted them to be sure that any customers or potential customers knew that they were dealing with Bridgepoint Direct, a separate company.

Pro Cleaners Network
I was indeed on Pro Cleaners Network and did promote the program. Dan asked me to come on. I told Dan that Bridgepoint Direct was a separate company and that I knew very little about it. I suggested that he have someone from Market Partners on. I put him in touch with someone at Market Partners who did come on the show. Dan felt that my name on the promos would draw more people, so I did agree to start the program and talk about the importance of marketing (in general) and introduce the rep from Bridgepoint Direct.

I di repeat what was had been told about how the program was going to work. This was before it even started, so I had no idea there would be problems. Discussion of the details of the program were left to the Market Partners rep. For any who did particiapte and have unsucessful results, I appologize.

Responsible for Subs?
We at Bridgepoint were hearing from customers that they needed and wanted help with marketing. We could see many good, technically compotent cleaners struggling. When Market Partners came to us offering that help for our customers,we agreed to let them use our name when looking for customers and we agreed to reccommend them.

This would be similar to you reccommending a plumber to a customer with water damage loss. Our goal was to help our customers get the marketing support they needed and so we reccommend someone we thought would do a good job.

There was no sub-contractor relationship involved. So it is not an issue of a company being responsible for its subs.

What Is Bridgepoint Doing to Help
Becuase Bridgepoint was not dealing with the cusomers of Bridgepoint Direct, we did not have first-hand knowledge of the problems. A number of customers were pretty upset by unresponsive or uncooperative contacts at Market Partners before they even began contacting us and making us aware of any problems.

When we did learn of problems, we shut up and stopped reccommending Market Partners. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, we thought Market Partners would get their act together and take care fo the problems. We tend to beleive most folks are good and will keep their word. So while we quite pushing Market PArtners, we just waited to see if they would resolve their own issues.

When it seemed that the issues were increasing rather than being resolved, we here at Bridgepoint began to see what we could do to help our customers. At first this was simply on a case by case basis of contact Market Partners on their behalf.

After a while Market Partners were no answering or returning our calls either.

Our Suggestions at This Time

If Market Partners has charged your credit card for products or services that they did not deliver, contact your credit card company immediately. Ask for the charges to be reversed. Most credit card agreements (or in some states the law) require they cahrges be cancelled if these situations. They can normally go back 90 days.

This is obviously a good reason to watching your own credit card statements and know who is charging what to your credit card.

If you can not resolve charges in this way, consider getting professional legal advice. I am not a lawyer and can not give legal advice.

What is Bridgepoinht Doing to Help You?
For all Bridgepoint customers who have done business with Market Partners and not recieved the products or services you paid for, contact Richard Michealson here at Bridgepoint.
richardm@bridgepoint.com
or
800794-7425 extension 130

Richard will add you to the list to keep you up to date on our efforts to have Market PAetners honor their commitments.

Richard is offering a credit in the full amount you are owed by Market PArtners. This credit can be used toward marketing products sold by Bridgepoint. Simply give us some evidence of what you are owed and Richard will arrange for the credit.

Keep in mind that we have no idea how many cleaners did business with bridgepoint Direct, what they paid, what services and goods they actually got, what they are owed and so forth. We have no access to Market Partners information. We don't know who the cleaners are that have a dispute unless they contact us. We do want to here from those who are owed money from Market Partners. That si the begining of us being able to assist.

Anyone is free to contact me. Email is the best way to get in touch. Scottw@Bridgepoint.com You can also call. 800 764-7425 extension 136. But understand, I have no authority to do anything except listen while you vent! So call, email or write nasty posty about me. I'll take it. Thats my job. But if you want to get in the loop of what is happening and get a credit - Richard is the person to contact.

Scott Warrington

Mikey P

Administrator
Richard is offering a credit in the full amount you are owed by Market PArtners. This credit can be used toward marketing products sold by Bridgepoint. Simply give us some evidence of what you are owed and Richard will arrange for the credit.

I'm not sure what else BP offers as far as Marketing stuff goes but what if the "victims" would rather have chemicals or tools in exchange?

This partnership STINKS! I believe bridgepoint WAS making a percentage off the marketing deal. YOUR name was used and that was not for free or to help any cleaner out, I believe it was for PROFIT! If I were a cleaner who spent money on this sour deal and is owed monies, I would pull my purchases from BP and give them to someone that would stand behind their products!!! Hit them in the pocket and they will be forced to do the right thing or they will go out of business like the rest of the big corporations who's customer service sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Scott you did not just call me a Liar did you? You better go talk to Lane and Shane then come back and Apologies IMMEDIATLY. If Need be i'll Get Alan with BOSS Systems and Jason with Clean Carpet Guys on here but you better apologies fast Scott.

I can ASSURE everyone here I would not and did not make a false statement.

Theron

First of all all phone calls to me were represented as from bridgepoint. As I have stated at the top of this post the press realese in ICS and in Cleanfax stated "Bridgepoint systems has set up a new marketing portal formarketing carpet cleaning services. The new bridfepointdirect.com website, powerec by Interlink Supply, is afussion of marketing stratagies and programs with the automation and power of the internet, according to a Bridgepoint press release." This press realease can be found on the cleanfax web site in the voulume 23, issue 2 - Feb 2008.

Scott, I don't understand how out of all of this you got the understanding that this company has nothing to do with bridgepoint! This sounds to me like a subcontract went bad and you are running to CYA.

The soulution that Bridgepoint is offering is that the marketing dollars that bridgepoint direct owes me ($1300.00) will be credited to me to be used as 50% of the purchase of any new marketing material from bridgepoint. That means that instead of only lossing my original $1300.00 I have to add an additional $1300.00 into a company that has already shown bad faith and not provided me with a quality service.

Even though a full refund would be what I want as I have already replaced Bridgepoint as a marketing partner with my company, I would be okay with a chemical credit as I use (or at least until this point have used) mostly Bridgepoint products in my company.

I would love nothing more than for Bridgepoint to stand up, doi the right thing and make this right. I have had jobs with subcontractors go bad, and have had to make them right in the end too. Its not that something bad has happened so much as that I believe Bridgepoint is handleing it wrong.

Thank you
TJ Overcast

Able 1

Name
Keith
Where is this "real" Bridgepoint advertizing I looked under Bridgepointdirectly.com and it wasn't there! I'm not the best with the interweb so that was my best guess. That site is still available and I think it would be fitting for you guys to take it since I want to know that i'm working with bridgepoint directly.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington

OK, John. I've made a few calls to check into this further. Here is what I am told. Now I don't monitor 100 phone lines here and listen to the recordings, but as far as I know this is accurate.

No one here at corporate or at our local store made calls specifically about Bridgepoint.

Layne does regulalry call his customers to make sure they know the latest specials or about schools being held here and so forth. Layne does recall talking to Alan from Boss Systems during a sales call when Alan asked a question about bridgepoint Direct. Layne says he probably spoke to 12 or more customers who had gotten a flyer, email or otherwise heard about Bridgepoint Direct and had questions. I received several calls on the topic as well.

But there was no effort to call our customers to promote Market Partners. Did anyone at Bridgepoint discuss this on the telephone? Sure, if customers wanted to know we answered their questions. Did we have a calling campaign to sell people Bridgepoint Direct? NO.

Scott Warrington

F

FB7777

it was called Bridgepoint Direct... as in you're "dealing directly with Bridgepoint"

things go south and now everyone hears about Marketing Partners dba Bridgepoint Direct

A separate company that was promoted by a bridgepoint rep. and marketed on Bridgepoints website.

Scott, in your reply to me you said everyone was receiving a full credit... but its a conditional credit. The have to spend the same amount in order to receive the credit? In other words, if you're out $500, you have to spend $500 of your own money to receive the $500 credit?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Quote Scottw
Well. I have to get a plug in for Bridgepointdirect.com

First the market site is laready up and running.

Second, you can upload your own list and do just as Mikey described or you can specify that your card - or brochure or letter or whatever- go to clients with-in a certain distance.

For example, you could have the card include a testimonial from Mrs. Jones who loved your cleaning. Then get the card sent to 50 or 100 people in Mrs. Jones sub-division. You could even include a photo of the home or your work.

Get another good testimonial and send another similar card with that testimonial to folks in the next area.

Really incredible. Check it out. Contact your distirbutor or me if you need the code to get into the site.

Scott Warrington

this was in direct competition with Jon-Don stating bridgepoint already had theirs going
why wouldn't people contact market partners instead of their bridgepoint rep if it wasn't bridgepoints?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
scottw said:

OK, John. I've made a few calls to check into this further. Here is what I am told. Now I don't monitor 100 phone lines here and listen to the recordings, but as far as I know this is accurate.

No one here at corporate or at our local store made calls specifically about Bridgepoint.

Layne does regulalry call his customers to make sure they know the latest specials or about schools being held here and so forth. Layne does recall talking to Alan from Boss Systems during a sales call when Alan asked a question about bridgepoint Direct. Layne says he probably spoke to 12 or more customers who had gotten a flyer, email or otherwise heard about Bridgepoint Direct and had questions. I received several calls on the topic as well.

But there was no effort to call our customers to promote Market Partners. Did anyone at Bridgepoint discuss this on the telephone? Sure, if customers wanted to know we answered their questions. Did we have a calling campaign to sell people Bridgepoint Direct? NO.

Scott Warrington

Scott you said I made false Statements on a public form. I can assure you I did not and you have yet to apologies.

I am not going to argue with you about what the employees of Bridgepoint did or didn't say as I am sure your company policy RIGHT NOW is to deny deny deny to try and limit your financial exposuer but I now what my customers told me and I have every reason to believe them. Why would they lie? They know nothing of this form nor this thread and only reason I even brought them up is you called me a Liar.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
John - The intention of my posts was not to accuse you or anyone lese of lying. I wanted to set the record straight.

Bridgepoint did license Market Partners to use our name. Representatives of Bridgepoint did promote the program. We do have a certain degree of responsibility for that. There were also things done by Market Partners, apparently representing themselves as part of Bridgepoint, that we had no control over and are not our responsibility.

I think your first post implied that folks from Bridgepoint were calling around trying to sell contracts for Market Partners services. I stand by my statement that that did not happen.

Secondly, we could not sell their services or products. Any sale had to take place between Market Partners and their customers. So while we did promote this for a while, we did not make any sales.

As I stated in my second post, folks here did discuss BP Direct on the phone when asked about it. If that is what you meant saying "Bridgepoint called these guys and sold them this program" then I do apologize. Sorry, John.

Scott Warrington

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Scott let me be Clear. Layne Called Alan and sold him this program he also Called Jason. I will start asking each and every cleaner in Utah who called them about it as well. Do we need to go down this road? Do I need them to provide affidavites? I have a Notary that can notarize their statements. Will that work for you?

You put my name in () when you said people where making false statements. A Falshood is a LIE and by saying I was making False Statments you said I was lying which I was not and am not doing.

Your sounding like some scum bag politician right now Scott. Man up and call a Spade a Spade and own up to it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
scottw said:
Bridgepoint did license Market Partners to use our name. Representatives of Bridgepoint did promote the program.

then your employer should take the gravy they made off the deal and pour it on the potatoes that got cooked in the SCAM

...L.T.A.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
how much money where people ripped off of?? here is the real deal, first of all BP DID give our phone numbers to this company, so they used BP's customer data base, I am not sure most of us would like our info being used in such a manner, in my case this involved giving out my cell number. second, if a company called market partners called my phone they wouldn't get more than a couple words out before I hung up, I don't get many calls from BP employees, but when I do like I say I don't mind listening, because it usually about something BP is putting on etc. I listened to these guys because they represented themselves as BP, after all the deal was called bridgepoint direct. what where we all to think???

scott w, you guys have shit storm on your hands, I am sure being nicer to john O would pay off as well, he is just a guy trying to make a living providing honest service and products at a fair price.

I say giving people credit toward chems and tools, is the right thing to do, that would make me happy if I was out money. forget what people are saying about 50% profit etc. do they think no profit was involved with the program they where buying.

TimP

This is why you never "recommend" someone. Especially license your name to another entity. It's a very very dumb move. When someone asks about a service I don't offer, I say there are these people who do this but I don't know anything about their qualifications or how reputable they are. Even if they are great cause you never know when someone will drop the ball and then it makes you look bad.

I can say one thing if you license you're name you're making money off the licensing and should be responsible to maintaing quality. And to say what they do is not your responsibility is BS. As part of your licensing you should have insurance in place.....and you know when that insurance is used up they come after the company who is licensing their name. That's why bridgepoint should of required enough insurance to cover the fraud. But that's just they way I see it.....seems to me that bridgepoint took a gamble and figured they could hire a few lawyers to get out of it...which I don't blame them but I'm sure they wont license their name again....or at least I hope they learned their lesson.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom