BRIDGEPOINT DIRECT RIP OFF???

I am a newb here. I joined in September, but this is my first post. I own a Carpet, Upholstery, and Oriental Rug Cleaning business in VA. The company has been in business since the late 1970s. My partner and I bought it 2 years ago and things have been going pretty well. We employ 4 full time technicians and have 4 Steamway Powermatic truck mounted systems. I am posting on here, because we too have been ripped off by Market Partners. Same ol' story, would not return emails/phone calls. They have taken us for about $1,500. Do I see a class action suit coming from this?

Able 1

Name
Keith
esquireservicesinc said:
I am a newb here. I joined in September, but this is my first post. I own a Carpet, Upholstery, and Oriental Rug Cleaning business in VA. The company has been in business since the late 1970s. My partner and I bought it 2 years ago and things have been going pretty well. We employ 4 full time technicians and have 4 Steamway Powermatic truck mounted systems. I am posting on here, because we too have been ripped off by Market Partners. Same ol' story, would not return emails/phone calls. They have taken us for about $1,500. Do I see a class action suit coming from this?

Market Partner? I was ripped off by Bridgepoint! Checked my statements and they say Online print solutions...

http://www.icsmag.com/Articles/Products ... 0000227197

Able 1 said:
esquireservicesinc said:

Market Partner? I was ripped off by Bridgepoint! Checked my statements and they say Online print solutions...

http://www.icsmag.com/Articles/Products ... 0000227197

True, but I think it was a 3rd party deal. That is what they told me at least.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Let me ask : Why did you choose to go through them for your printing needs? When you signed up did you think you were going through Market Partner? Did they change the rates on printing after you signed up?

Able 1 said:
Let me ask : Why did you choose to go through them for your printing needs? When you signed up did you think you were going through Market Partner? Did they change the rates on printing after you signed up?

B/C it was through Bridgepoint, but they did tell me they were a 3rd party partnership with Bridgepoint. No change on rates, just couldn't get service and they continued to charge the card. I should have stopped payment a long time ago.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Sounds like the average story... I feel your pain, so dose my bank account! :evil:

Able 1

Name
Keith
esquireservicesinc said:
Able 1 said:
Sounds like the average story... I feel your pain, so dose my bank account! :evil:

Yeah, I think a class action suit may need to be in order.
What is Bridgepoinht Doing to Help You?

Have you called them? I really don't want to here it! I heard it since last Feb. all BS!

For all Bridgepoint customers who have done business with Market Partners and not recieved the products or services you paid for, contact Richard Michealson here at Bridgepoint.
richardm@bridgepoint.com
or
800794-7425 extension 130

Able 1

Name
Keith
They left me message today... Called from a private number so I didn't answer, why would they call from a private number? Message said BLA BLA BLA...

Thing is if I would have chose to go with them my first year it would have been devastating! Wasting my time, money, and energy.

Do they really care that they could have put people out of business, FN! :evil:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am with you. I don't think this or the other threads about this should go away until every customer is righted

Cameron1

Geez guys. Quit whining, and go to work. It was a bad deal, so what. I can guarantee you that you are now wiser, smarter, and a better businessman. You should be thanking Bridge point cause they just gave you another life lesson, and it only cost you a few hundred bucks.

If you are going to cry every time you get ripped off and demand someone else pay for it ...how are you going to grow up and be able to run a successful business. We all learn more from our mistakes than our successes. One good day on the truck will more than pay for what most of you lost, but this negative energy will eat you alive and cost you allot more.

Move on and chalk it up.

ps. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I got my money back.

People who got ripped off should get all their money back and alot of these people don't have a great business and got sucked in. You should never let thieves slide so easily

F

FB7777

steve said:
Geez guys. Quit whining, and go to work. It was a bad deal, so what. I can guarantee you that you are now wiser, smarter, and a better businessman. You should be thanking Bridge point cause they just gave you another life lesson, and it only cost you a few hundred bucks.

If you are going to cry every time you get ripped off and demand someone else pay for it ...how are you going to grow up and be able to run a successful business. We all learn more from our mistakes than our successes. One good day on the truck will more than pay for what most of you lost, but this negative energy will eat you alive and cost you allot more.

Move on and chalk it up.

ps. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Steve, your website is loaded with warnings about protecting people from rip-off artists. You are a member of ethical services... yet its OK for Warrington to come on here and lie about Bridgepoint's involvement and for his employer to shirk responsibility?

Raising issues such as this to the surface, serves several purposes. Perhaps, just perhaps, suppliers will deal ethically with their customers and not just toss out products and then not stand behind them.

It illustrates a bulletin board community in action to positively effect the own membership.

I agree with you that we learn more from our mistakes, but there are many mistakes to be made in life and this one IMO was caused by Bridgepoint and they failed initially to stand behind it.

Greg Crowley warned people on the board early on about this program. When I called them I was less than satisfied with the sales rep's professionalism.

I'm proud that my fellow Mikeysboarders are trying to keep this rip-off alive.

Unethical suppliers thrive on apathy.

Cameron1

Yes, I do agree that we should warn our fellow cleaners. My point is that Piranha got hooked up with these same people, and while every one was singing their praises I just sat back and watched. I did this not because I was smarter than everyone, but because of the times that I have been burned by this industry. Once you feel the pain of being burned by your fellow man, it has a way of making you a better, smarter , and wiser person.

The saying, "a fool and his money are soon parted" is one that we all must learn the hard way.

harryhides

Name
Tony
steve said:
Yes, I do agree that we should warn our fellow cleaners. My point is that Piranha got hooked up with these same people, and while every one was singing their praises I just sat back and watched. I did this not because I was smarter than everyone, but because of the times that I have been burned by this industry. Once you feel the pain of being burned by your fellow man, it has a way of making you a better, smarter , and wiser person.

The saying, "a fool and his money are soon parted" is one that we all must learn the hard way.

So let me see if I got this right Steve, if a member of a BB community has reason to believe that a product or service may not be all that it's cracked up to be, we should just "sit back and watch" because everyone needs to feel the pain personally in order to "smarten up" ?

I'm sorry but I don't see the difference in helping/warning your customers but not your bulletin board peers ??

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
in other words let the suckers get taken because they thought they were dealing with a name brand company and wait it out to see if the name brand compnay stands by its product.

I don't work that way. If someones house is cleaned by me or my employee it better be perfect or they will get it redone or money back. No bullsht.

I thought I was buying from bridgepoint because that is the way it was presented(from scott w, also). You should pull your name off the ethical site because if you think it is alright to rip people off and then tell them, "look your smarter because of me now. Stop whining" you can not call yourself ethical

Name
Shawn Forsythe
ODIN said:
might have some thing to do with mickey getting banner money????

Absolutely not. The thread that was moved (temporarily) was un-necessary (at the time), as the only new "information" it offered over this thread was to make the issue a singular personal issue with and upon Scott Warrington. Hardly a direction this subject matter needs to go.

It should be understood that Scott's actual job function within BP is primarily technical support in nature. Although he often acts very graciously in a customer service capacity, it is no reason to heap pressure on his shoulders singularly this particular situation. His involvement in this thread, and his offer to act individually to help those who have been affected is far enough for anyone to ask. If it needs to be questioned or updated, let it be so done here.

Certainly if there are additional questions asked in good faith, this thread should suffice as the venue for such.

P.S. The thread in question has been moved back into the Clean Room, as Scott's reply is worthy of seeing.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I am very disappointed in Bridgepoint. I spoke to the person who was hired to take care of this problem. (His words) I spoke to him and made it clear he needed to step up and take care of the customers here that have been screwed. As of today the only thing he has tried to do is get them to give bridgpoint more money. That was NOT what we discussed. I told him that was my only concern in this matter, my customers being taken care of, and I would stay out of it....

Now, Legal action looks like it may be the only alternative for those who have been taken advantage and that is very sad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom