Bring a lighter and BURN IT??

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Looking for advice on how to deal with fabrics that are loaded with gasoline and or smell of gasoline.

Friend works at the refineries and his wife says they can't even wash his clothes at home...

I know this might be impossible to eliminate the bond between the gas and oils and the fabrics that are likely also petroleum derivatives.... but do you know what could deodorize this situation?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
see if you can get a few samples of fabric from him and try a few things. Try Odorcide for the cloths, they have a specific one for laundry, followed by a hang on the cloths line on a sunny day. Gasoline is really pervasive odor but has washed easily for me in the past, I use it as a solvent for grease on my cloths. The chances are though it may not be actual gasoline but one of the other chemicals that are refined out of gasoline.

Reactions: Odorcide Mike

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Oxidizers do a great job of killing all kinds of oily odors, from German Shepard to fuel oil, so Larry's recommendation would likely work.

Name
Jeff T
Looking for advice on how to deal with fabrics that are loaded with gasoline and or smell of gasoline.

Friend works at the refineries and his wife says they can't even wash his clothes at home...

I know this might be impossible to eliminate the bond between the gas and oils and the fabrics that are likely also petroleum derivatives.... but do you know what could deodorize this situation?
Borax....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom