IMG_1938.JPG
IMG_1932.JPG
IMG_1934.JPG
IMG_1937.JPG
IMG_1930.JPG
IMG_1935.JPG
IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1936.JPG
Once in a while, you have to shake your head. This office is the business place of one of our residential customers. The guy who 'maintains' their floors apparently thinks that waxing over dirt will make it shiny.

It took four of us twelve hours, working through the night. Gang, you should have seen the elves scraping and working the unbelievable caked, nasty crud. They were on their hands and knees almost all night. I was finally able to put down several coats with only 1/2 hour to spare before the owner arrived. Could not even burnish it. But perhaps the next time.

The pictures barely do it justice.

F

FB7777

Nice work

I hope you are able to capitalize on this with additional more lucrative jobs

Overnight VCT work was the worst for me back in the day

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Nice work. I retired from VCT. I guess it was just a bad experience, but it was enough to make me hate doing it. The floor had not been stripped in 15 years. I worked 19 hours on that damn floor. Never again.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Nice work.

You rescue a floor like that and you've got a customer for life!!!!

Hopefully a couple times a year now that they know what you're capable of.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Not much profit, because I just don't know that much about efficiency. VCT is not something we do a lot of, so each job brings new headaches. On this one, after materials and elf shares, about $300.
But all through the night, the elves made suggestions and we'd try them out. I think we could do this one in half the time because of their input. What moves me is their good attitude; fueled by pizza and snoring all the way home, they are a good bunch.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Using the right techniques with the right chems along with right equipment the job will go faster, safer and yield great results.

Btw, most finishes these days don't appreciate a burnishing untill fully cured, we wait at least a few days if not a week to burnish.

Just think any small abrasive caught in the buffing pad will mare that floor really bad since it is still very soft= Not worth the risk and since not fully cured the result yielded from the burnish would not be noticeable or worth the time.

Not all finishes are like this and there are a few that recommend a burnish but I don't use those finishes for that reason.

F

FB7777

Not much profit, because I just don't know that much about efficiency. VCT is not something we do a lot of, so each job brings new headaches. On this one, after materials and elf shares, about $300.
But all through the night, the elves made suggestions and we'd try them out. I think we could do this one in half the time because of their input. What moves me is their good attitude; fueled by pizza and snoring all the way home, they are a good bunch.
Ah, passionate employees. That's awesome

Out here we call it, training our future competition!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Now Jose' will go back to slopping more floor finish after you.................leave.
Then they will call you back in 5 years to do it again.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom