Bucket tested my hydro force

Able 1

Name
Keith
:shock: One hydro force 4 quarts made 18 gal... I took it apart Didn't really notice anything...

Took the white tip out and still at 12 per one gal hydro.

I always use soft water. Could scale do this? What would be any variables?

Thanks,
Keith

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Doesn't sound right. Without the tip its supposed to be 4-1. Which would give you 5 gal of prespray. As much as I love the convenience of the hydro force its mixture ratios are anything but consistent.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Keith;

What was the spray tip size you were using ??

We use a #8005 Spraying Systems jet.

The correct tip for 8-1 is a yellow plastic insert.

If you are using water under 200° and it is still not metering correctly, then change the brass tip inside the injector.

Larry

Able 1

Name
Keith
I use A 8006 and looked at it and It's pretty rounded out I'll change that and test again.

Thanks
Keith

Greenie

And use SS jets, for some reason these sprayers seem to be loaded with brass jets....it's gotta be one of the worst places for a soft brass jet, stainless will hold the edge better, longer.

Walt

I asked for a SS jet on this from my supplier and he looked at me like I was a nut and said I didn't need it. I insisted, and he said I was wasting my money. He has them in stock. Don't know why he was being so ornery. I bought it somewhere else. weird.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
tman7 said:
As much as I love the convenience of the hydro force its mixture ratios are anything but consistent.

egg-zacally

POS JUNK is the term that comes to my mind....

and if your TM makes HOT water, foggetaboutit, cause they're completely useless
(but your pre-spray will last forever) literally..

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Larry Cobb said:
Keith;

then change the brass tip inside the injector.

Now I am getting NO draw, I took it all apart and I don't see this brass tip you speak of.

On the inlet side should it have a rubber washer over that plastic one?

The thing is I would figure if stuff was wearing out it would draw more.

Thanks,
Keith

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I did a bucket test on mine also....the POS fit right in the trash buck just fine..........

Able 1

Name
Keith
I give up!! I'm taking it in tomarrow... If they can't fix it... don't know! First one I had was the adjustable HF that was crap! How are the spray master inlines?(think I know the answer from what I've heard)

Just seems like a pita to be mixing expeacially on the big ones. I have an omni but I would not break that out on every job(protector only).

Can't see spending another 200.00 on a HF if they will only last 1.5 years. Maybe the solution is easy and I understand the ability to diagnose the prob. while not seeing it not vary easy...

Thanks,
Keith

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Able 1 said:
I give up!! I'm taking it in tomarrow... If they can't fix it... don't know! First one I had was the adjustable HF that was crap! How are the spray master inlines?(think I know the answer from what I've heard)

Just seems like a pita to be mixing expeacially on the big ones. I have an omni but I would not break that out on every job(protector only).

Can't see spending another 200.00 on a HF if they will only last 1.5 years. Maybe the solution is easy and I understand the ability to diagnose the prob. while not seeing it not vary easy...

Thanks,
Keith

Keith..... save yourself a ton of money in chemicals and a ton of head aches break out the omni and try it for a month and see how it does........once you imply it into you daily routine you will find it really takes no more extra time to put a better dilution of chemicals on the carpet

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Since were on the subject; does anyone know of a good electric sprayer that has a high psi? I like to lay my prespray on fast and heavy.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Jim you fill up your jug with your TM right? This is funny I ask but how much pre-spray (gal)do you use for lets say two rooms med soil? I'll try it but might only last a week... We will see!

Thanks,
Keith

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Able 1 said:
Jim you fill up your jug with your TM right? This is funny I ask but how much pre-spray (gal)do you use for lets say two rooms med soil? I'll try it but might only last a week... We will see!

Thanks,
Keith

I bet on 2 average size rooms with furniture with med soil I am using 2 oz of 02 pre spray and about a gallon of water.....
you will find that you do not need to put it on so thick because you are not watering it down like a HF....

with a hf you are taking 15 oz of 02 then filling the rest of the HF with water and then you are using more water to spray it down with..you are watering the chemical down because we all know that the HF sprayers are not accurate...so you are applying more and working harder .
this normally turns into a huge debate...the best thing I can tell you is stick with it for a month and monitor it and see for yourself....

Mikey P

Administrator
Mytee has a new version of the HF coming out soon. The one at Connections had a SS dema screw cap and metering tip. Same basic guts though.

Able 1

Name
Keith
That will give me a chance to try out my omni... How soon though.. you see I love the convience of the HF but need to know it going down right.

Thanks,
Keith

Greenie

I only looked at the new Mytee In-line briefly, the metal metering tip can't be a bad thing, and the metal lid is sweet.

I'll check on monday see what the avail. of them is.

One thing about batt. sprayers, I used to use an old porty on coom jobs as a pre-sprayer, it had a 100 psi shur-flow, I would like to put out juice at least that hard.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Let me know Greenie,

I think the idea of the inline is sweet but don't know why its hard to perfect. Actually I barely no how it works but hopefully they will make them more accurate!

This week has been given to the guys that do it the other way. I really should not be against it till I see what a pita it is.

Thanks,
Keith

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I like what Greenie said about the "using an old porty". They get those porty's up to 500psi and better so why can't they make a decent electric sprayer?
Baffles me.

I think I might just buy a small porty with a good pump. Damn, the things you learn. Why did I get rid of my Ninja...I'm a dumbass.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Brian Robison said:
I like what Greenie said about the "using an old porty". They get those porty's up to 500psi and better so why can't they make a decent electric sprayer?
Baffles me.

I think I might just buy a small porty with a good pump. Damn, the things you learn. Why did I get rid of my Ninja...I'm a dumbass.

Brian, you have really slowed down your posting, was there an intervention...

Keith

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Just use a rocket sprayer... Holds 5 gallons, puts it down at a decent volume & the battery lasts for friggen ever.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Able 1 said:
[quote="Brian Robison":3m18oput]I like what Greenie said about the "using an old porty". They get those porty's up to 500psi and better so why can't they make a decent electric sprayer?
Baffles me.

Brian, you have really slowed down your posting, was there an intervention...

Keith[/quote:3m18oput]

I've just been super busy with my company.
I guess my customers have intervened.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
day in and day out we use anywhere from 1gal RTU solution pr 200 to 600sf depending on soil conditions
on occasion we may HOSE down a salvage rag at 1 gal pr 100sf

The HF electric 3gal sprayer is the closest thing to "perfect" we've found for "our" average job needs

http://www.rotovaccorp.com/sprayers-hydroforce.html#73

Matter of fact, I just ordered a new one now.
Our's is looking a little rough around the edges after several years of crew abuse.
It still functions A-1, ( I replaced the pump last year) and will be used in empties,
but it's not quite up to par anymore for our "high end" double wide cly-antz

I also called the dude to make sure the one listed for $259 was the one with good gunjet and brass extension and not the one with POS poly wand that sell for at that price.
he assured me it came with the good gunjet.
We'll see when it gets here

Our Multi-Sprayer only gets used now a days for protectant, deo/sanitizers, specialty etc
or when we run into the occasional unit w/o power

Greeine outta buy the shells HF uses and start putting 100psi hi-flow pumps in 'em
Maybe he'll have better luck than me.
I tried years ago to use a 100psi porty pump.
They're all demand type pumps and i just couldn't make 'em work right reliably for very long.
Maybe a fire hose flow jet would make a difference, I donno??

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dammit! dammit! DAMMIT!!!!

the apple knocker at Rotovac told me he had them in stock
Welp, he called me a little while ago and told me HF no longer makes them and are replaced by the Omni

I DON'T WANT AN OMNI

the sumbich NEVER had them in stock like he told me, and intended to have HF drop ship one
I'm PI$$ED

so I just called the other source for them

They sold the last 42 of them in the whole world today
to the ONE person..TODAY

FORTY TWO of them TODAY

alright, which disty here bought them??
PM me

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Looks like the price of those just went up!! :shock:

Keith

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Biggest challenge I've got with my Omni is keeping the darn thing charged. Its a real pita when I'm spraying down just the protector and half way through I hear the pump getting slower and slower and finally die!

Nice thing about the HF, if the TM is running, I can use it. If its not sucking, I get it fixed.
I like spraying down a nice hot prespray, grooming it and giving it good dwell time.

I can see some benefit of using a battery sprayer, but its 6 of one, half doz of another. Both work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom