Business insurance

WillH

Name
Capital region carpet cleaning
I'm about to get business insurance I was wondering what insurance I should get for a new carpet cleaning business. How much coverage? Thanks

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
No one answer for every business.

Some of your commercial clients may require certain levels of coverage. Some states have different requirements for business. Do oyu want coverage for every situation or just the bare minimum? Will you be transporting client's goods such as rugs and upholstery or will you be doing all the work on site? Will you be doing an water restoration? That changes the insurance picture considerably.

Be sure you find an agent who is familair with insurance for service business. I have heard enough stories of O/Os who thought they were covered until the claim came and they found they were not covered properly.

I liked Erie Insurance Exchange. Cincinnatti and Allstate also have good service bsuiness coverage if you get an agent that knows the carpet cleaning business.

David Dybdahl writes for several trade magazines. He is an expert on carpet cleaning insurance.

Reactions: Cleanworks

steve_64

You will probably want a million dollar liability. Most of the places that require it for me also want that number.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
there's 2 policy's that you'll be purchasing but they are actually part of a package. Your vehicle will be covered under one policy number and your business "liability" on another. Best to have an insurance broker sit down with you and thoroughly explain the big picture.

EDS

Name
Ed
Sometimes if your bibbing on certain jobs they have a minimum amount required. For example, I bid on a provincial government contract that required at 2 million.

Up here in the great north it is cheap. I had 5 million liability through Intact for around 700 per year. That was as long as I was not doing water damage...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom