Business is a challenge. What is your...?

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
What is your Tiger by the tail experience? It is different for everyone. There may be therapy in discussing it. Chime in if your care to do so. Be aware some may have sage observations here on the board forum. Let's see.
JOS_8008.JPG

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
loan me a rug wash set up...

I suspect you have a thriving on-location high-end carpet, furniture and tile cleaning business. However, the Tiger (Your current business, staff and strategic partner) won't let you enter into the rug cleaning business? And you want me to loan you a rug set up?

That's what I'm talking about. Mikey's got a Tiger by the tail.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Since we're discussing rug cleaning, my hardship is the lack of space for me to clean rugs properly at my place.

Reactions: T Monahan

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Since we're discussing rug cleaning, my hardship is the lack of space for me to clean rugs properly at my place.

Does it make sense to abort doing it yourself?

Could you consider making a strategic partnership with a reputable rug plant until your business increases enough to justify doing it yourself in house?

We all know that bringing it in house, in a more committed way, may require acquiring more real estate. That cost of doing business, along with a layout of appropriate equipment, together with a well trained staff requires a continuous flow of rugs, at the right price points, to justify the matter.

In the meantime, what is the Tiger really?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't WANT to change. I feel I have to. I'm way to busy to get to every new customer to estimate the job. The ones I am forced to price over the phone I either don't sell or they're priced too low. So, the natural conclusion is to hire another person to free up my sales time. However, once you understand the this new generation is not shopping over the phone like we do, you have to admit that things might be changing. I think the hand writing is on the wall. Younger people don't want personal contact. Pricing on your website is going to be the next big thing, and the only way I can see that working is to room price. Imagine the complexity of the variables!

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
"Pricing on your website is going to be the next big thing, and the only way I can see that working is to room price. Imagine the complexity of the variables!"

Can you put a square foot calculator on your website?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
"Pricing on your website is going to be the next big thing, and the only way I can see that working is to room price. Imagine the complexity of the variables!"

Can you put a square foot calculator on your website?

Will the average Sally Homemaker know how many sq ft of carpet or tile they have in their home or take the time to figure it out? If you make it too difficult to get the answers this younger generation is going to just move on to the next one that will give them what they want faster.

Reactions: hogjowl

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Will the average Sally Homemaker know how many sq ft of carpet or tile they have in their home or take the time to figure it out? If you make it too difficult to get the answers this younger generation is going to just move on to the next one that will give them what they want faster.
ABSOLUTELY THEY WILL and NO SHE WON'T TAKE THE TIME TO MEASURE - so we built "information boxes to help her" . Terms and Conditions are Key to protect your brand and reputation. Here is an example that Just one of our clients uses :

[Company] Disclaimer: Prices are subject to change based on inspection. One area equals 200 square feet; combined living areas will be considered as two rooms. Areas exceeding 200 square feet will be priced as additional areas. $100 Job minimum required. Pretreatment for spots or stains is an additional cost – to be determined by the technician once he assesses the area. Upholstery cleaning prices are subject to change, based on the degree of soil, loose cushions, and fabric.

Marty - Don't fear technical progress. Embrace it. We will hold lots of hands....
Start small if you want with Plan B and then switch to A. check it out or call.

I'll help you understand the program, the market for the program and the way to tell your market.

All the Best - Steve

OH and my challenge if "helping people with the fear of change"

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
This sounds like a good debatable topic.

Let me just give you a bit of info on what we call "information boxes"... There are 3 stages to the online sales cycle as I see it. They want to know:

What services do you provide?
What are my options and why do I want them?
What does each option cost and how long does it take?

If they can't get these questions answered online easily, then when you're free is kind of irrelevant.

At each of these stages you can have "info boxes" pop up to give them more information. So what can you put in these "info boxes" ?
  • links to pages on your website with content
  • Images of what they are considering (before and after)
  • Links to other URL's that might be good information
  • Snippets of HTML laid out content that has been taken from a section of your or other websites
  • Video's to help understand the process or the results of choosing something over another
  • Anything that can be put on the net can be put in "info boxes"
Just because you're not talking to them doesn't mean that they don't have questions during the process of evaluation.
This client has done an OK job with info boxes. I would dress up the HTML a bit more but it will give you and idea of some of the options...
https://citrusfresh.fittlebug.com/ Use 60174 zip code to get in

Reactions: T Monahan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom