"But its a " big name brand" and I paid A LOT for it! "

Mikey P

Administrator
Yep and your 3 year old nylon is garbage, mam.

Take me shopping with you when you're ready to replace...

PXL_20210820_195704789.MP.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yep and your 3 year old nylon is garbage, mam.

Take me shopping with you when you're ready to replace...

View attachment 110148
I did that once with a customer. Advised her on the fiber, style and color. She showed me samples and we agreed that she should go with a neutral color 55 ounce nylon. Then she hired an interior decorator who talked her into snow white polyester. Never again.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I just put a 65 ounce nylon in one of my apartments.
Had 100 yard roll shipped up here to NY from a Georgia mill because the stores around here kept showing me polyester garbage and telling me they have made Sooo many improvements in polyester over the years. Ya, right.

Mikey P

Administrator
Looks like the last cleaner used a CRB on it
Foot shuffler..

This house belongs to the guy who built mine and I'm the only one that's ever clean that carpet three or four times now the master closet is twice as bad

he's a big old boy that doesn't pick up his feet..

Who's lovely and talented wife has great taste and design that she has a pension for picking shit that just doesn't work out well.

They build homes all over the valley and I can't count how many times I've had to go out and fix things carpet or tile related, granted a lot of them are installer mistakes..

I'm quoting her with the but it's this or that big name and it was their top of the line and slowly but surely she's starting the grasp when I've been telling her about top of the line can be crap too she's read our article on Porcelain and now she's very leery of putting it in homes that she seen some failures as well.

Seems like nowadays only carpet that holds up are super dense velvets

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mikey P

Administrator
It causes them
I think you’re confused
they can, for sure.

Corn rowing appears most commonly on carpets made from fine, soft yarns, with a fairly high cut pile. In most cases the overall density is not adequate to support the yarns and keep them upright. If there is too much space between the rows, the tufts may be bent over when they are walked on. Soft, fine yarns do not spring back as readily as other carpet yarns made from heavier and denser fibers.

Corn rowing may appear on carpet before or after cleaning. It usually forms in a regular pattern with every fourth or fifth row of yarns bending over, as might happen in a field of corn. The condition may develop in traffic lanes and under doors that scrape the carpet as they are opened and closed. It generally occurs perpendicular to the traffic direction.

Although cleaning the carpet may make corn rowing apparent, it is not the cause of the distorted pile surface. Corn rowing is simply an inherent characteristic of certain carpet constructions. Vacuuming and raking the carpet perpendicular to the traffic patterns may help in some cases. In extreme situations, we suggest you contact the manufacturer.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
It causes them
I think you’re confused
Crb can corn row more notably if you use to stiff brush. Use med or soft and always keep moving. Corn row will be noticeable when using it in its direction, change direction instead. That helps.

Back
Top Bottom