But we already cleaned it with a Rug Doctor

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I show up to a job where the tenants are complaining about heavy urine odor from their dog. They tell me they already cleaned the carpet with a rug doctor. I click on the UV light and it’s pretty much useless because they had done a very nice job of smearing everything around evenly. After doing my best to identify the heavy areas I total up my costs and hand them the bill for $299. The woman started crying and the guy bellowed over and over he only had $200. Good grief.

I ended up removing 2 rooms of work from my already commercially priced estimate to meet their budget.

So what am I doing? Water clawing about three gallons of Saiger’s Pee Lime and then blanketed the entire carpet with it as well. I’ll then prespray with CitrusForce mixed with SaigerCide and acid rinse.

I told them I could not gaurentee my results since they had already smeared everything around with a Rug Doctor. It’s a glamorous life.

To top it off, I forgot to wear a watch today.

B2489CE3-03FB-4736-B5B9-522B22A6B99F.jpeg
A80B380E-1915-4183-8E2A-124DA7F4422F.jpeg

Last edited:
Name
Jeff T
I had one very similar last Friday. They couldn’t understand why the carpet had black streaks everywhere, and the house stunk like urine...

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I had one very similar last Friday. They couldn’t understand why the carpet had black streaks everywhere, and the house stunk like urine...
These are the jobs that can come back and bite you. I made it very clear to them they messed up by slopping a rug doctor around. But I can already feel the disruption in the force.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Coastie
Name
Jeff T
These are the jobs that can come back and bite you. I made it very clear to them they messed up by slipping a rug doctor around. But I can already feel the disruption in the force.
I used Bridgepoint Clean Free, power agitated with my CRB , and rinsed at 550 psi. I then did 4-5 dry strokes for every wet stroke.... looked great..... no call backs YET.... I hammered all the urine stains that I could find with vol. 40, and let them dwell for 20-30 min...

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The bellowing happened before the job started.

It easy to sit back here and tell you what to do Damon...I don't have to walk in your shoes.

Still, when the bellowing started, it was probably time to leave. Any customer who attempts to dictate your pricing to you in that fashion hasn't respect for you as a professional, and likely will be a problem to you later.

And if they are a renters, they probably won't be repeat customers.

You're a good man, and you deserve better customers.

Name
Jeff T
:headscratch::headscratch:
how does that happen with an extractor?
toy one or not

..L.T.A.
Cause they overuse the cleaner, it creates too much foam, the foam gets into the vac motors, ZERO SUCTION.... I had a lady a few years ago that used 2 BOTTLES rug doctor shampoo in one tank.... she said the machine sounded funny after 5 min..... to which she continued until the machine was empty.... she then proceeded to go to the store, AND BUY 2 MORE BOTTLES..... people are stupid.... they think, ‘if it says use 2 oz, if I use the whole bottle, it’ll make it that much cleaner’..... dumbass....

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I’m with Jim on this one. But to save yourself a LOT of effort, use a watering can to sprinkle the PeeLimeZyme and then your 6” Geko tile wand to extract. It goes quicker and sucks just as hard as the waterclaw.

Then run the wand or rotary over it just for fun.

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom