Butler blower speed?

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Jimmy:

If you can get a photo of the drive pulley please do so. I really need to know if this was upgraded after the year 2000. BTW, it extends in the center of the factory van pulley. That 8" pulley wasn't the van pulley was it?

Thx,
Dale

G

Its the one on the end of the pully system that uses an A-62??? belt to power the clutch. This was on the 03 GMC with a 6.0.

Jester

Rex T.
I checked it out today it was around 2500 but like i said I'm not too sure how accurate my Laser canon is(rpm meter) I was going to take a picture but my wife had the digital with her today. I'll admit I'm not half as smart as the dumbest guy on this board about butlers even though I run one. So I'm going to ask a few questions of my own...Why is there 2 silver chains coming from the throttle body too the vacuum pod? Why would one of them not be hooked up? and why would hooking up the smaller one show 300 more rpms on the blower? when I hooked it up it came up to 2800rpms I immediately shut it off and ran for cover in fear of it self destructing.

Jester

P.S I checked It at the furthest pulley toward the heat exchanger.
Based on what i have read on this post I would say my meter is off.

Jester

It don't appear to be I flip the switch I get a light but nothing else.I'm not sure how to hook it up to be honest with ya. I don't know a whole lot about em'

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Kevin;

I think Matt is concerned about the MAX torque rating on the electric clutch.

The inertia of turning the shaft, belts AND the #47 blower is a very big load for an electric clutch to start for thousands of cycles.

The mechanics I know, who have worked on a lot of PTO units always wanted more durable clutches.

The electric clutch is usually the weakest link.

Larry

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
For BIG jobs I drilled a small hole in my clutch so I could insert a pin, that way there was no stress on the electrical parts, and the only week point are belts slipping.

Its annoying having to turn the engine off, open hood, insert pin, then turn engine on but I only do it 1 or 2 times a month on hose runs 300ft +

Greenie

I saw Matt's clutch, it's good sized, and custom machined, not a stock clutch, the secret to maing these clutch drives turn teh blower faster etc...is BIG plumbing and BIG hose, ask Rex what he runs on his Cleanco 56.

Rex Tyus

Greenie said:
I saw Matt's clutch, it's good sized, and custom machined, not a stock clutch, the secret to maing these clutch drives turn teh blower faster etc...is BIG plumbing and BIG hose, ask Rex what he runs on his Cleanco 56.

Nothing special here. The standard Cleanco issue PITTS clutch on the Q56 (#14134 I think?) I recently aquired a clutch that was supposed to be a Pitts but it was actually an Ogura. There is a huge difference in the wall thickness and weight of those clutches. I was going to replace my 3 year old clutch for preventative maintenance. After seeing the difference I think I will find a new source and get the Pitts again.

Like Greenie says 2.5" hose, proper internal plumbing and adequate exhaust make a huge difference.

One often overlooked KEY factor for clutch success is MINIMUM VOLTAGE REQUIREMENTS. If it is a 12 volt clutch a quick way to burn it is to load it up and drop to 11.9 volts.

Ask me how I know.

Mike Draper

All I know is that I run my Butler RPM's right at redline on MachII everyday. I run 2.5" hose with no live reel and get some great dry times. Maybe I'll be burnin up my clutch soon, who knows. Next summer I'm gonna try to buy an AT.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom