Butler Live reel and 2.5 inch...

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
On the newer Butlers.There is a quick removal insert in the center hub.

I believe,if that hub assembly can be removed.

You could take a 2.5 inch hose,about a foot longer then the clear one standard on them now...

Insert it into the reel hub center,from that you add a 2.5 inch swivel koolkuff.They make the only 2.5 swivel ,I know of ?

Then hook your 50 footer to that.
The swivel if it can get into the center of the hub should take the place of the Butler swivel?

Or If you can do that,you could mount a second reel in the back.As in some Butler corp pictures.

Then have your 50 foot only on that,with the main reel dead and for 2 inch (or more ) storage? Possibly more then 50?

But I need to see a new reel to see if any of the hub can be disassembled.

I am in the process of having my 2 inch elbow on the waste tank.Hole sawed an a new 2.5 inch elbow,and metal nipple put in.

At that point,I can run a pair of 2.5s to a wye connector.Coming down from the water tank areas.

But regardless of the fact,you really need a second vacuum port installed in either side door or rear door.

One 2.5 and the solution hose are tight fit.So mine when done should have vac out the back and solution to the side...

F

FB7777

didn't you get rid of the 2.5 hose awhile back cuz you thought it was too cumbersome?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Caesar are you still running the lighted vac hose? Do your customers like the lighted vac hose? Seems kind of a hassle plugging in all those lights.

Golden Boy

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Hey,Fred it was given back to me.They still like a 1.5 whip also ???

So,I tried it again and was wrong,I know enjoy it very much.But the storage issue annoys me.That an the witdh of the side port.

I tend to run 3 lines at once,so not enough room.An I do not like leaving doors open.Security or weather wise,so the second port will be put on this week...It should alos help with the rear h/2/0 reel also.

Hey Waldo,that is for nite time commercial work.Basically a rope l.e.d with blinking ability.Xmas type plugged into building.I have a adjustable curtain rod that has a caution sign hanging off it also.

They have to go through that to get in the building.Just a warning do not enter,slippery,stay the f-out thing...

But ya,I eat the words on the hose...I admit...We just need a reel.at least with 2.5 you can slim down to whatever we choose.Reelcraft nordic series looks close but no cigar...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom