Buying new equipment. Talk me into it.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
FON JOHNSON

Since you are looking at all equipment, I would like to invite you too check out my Aero Tech. I am in Kennesaw which must be close to you if you buy from Duane. E-mail me if you are interested.

captaincarpet@msn.com

DavidVB

We used brushes for 10 years on our Cimexs before we started using pads. Rick convinced me to try pads several years ago and the cleaning difference was easily seen. Yes the pads do wear and you are leaving some fiber that will be vacuumed up, but on the hundreds of jobs we've done with them, we only had to vacuum once or twice due to visible fiber. The carpets were very dark and I think I had a clogged solution line to one driver.

The Cimex and the GLS with sprayer are both excellent for commercial maintenance. In my area large commercial work will go for a little as 06 sq.ft. Producing 2-3000 ft an hour enables me to compete and the Cimex is the tool for that. If the carpet needs restorative cleaning, that is different subject.

I appreciate the comments on setting up a Cimex with a spray system. I first saw one like that when I was at Ameri-clean who did a lot of Lee's contract cleaning. I have thought of doing that so I could run Tuways and pick up some soil when I want to.

I agree with the comments about OP distorting carpet. I could visibly see it a few times and that made me wonder how much damage was being done that wasn't visible to the naked eye. Aren't they basically just modified floor sanders? If they will vibrate a house to the point where objects will fall off the wall, how can they be good for carpet? Just an opinion.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mark so how did you clean the stairs in that hallway?
Did you use a bucket with suds to hand wash them?

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
If you were asking me (tom,marks brother,) we did the steps with a hand held orbital I purchased at walmart for 25.00. We later went to a small 175 RPM floor scrubber and that was much more effective, but hard to handle.

Mikey P

Administrator
Perhaps at 100 feet from the truck on a nylon pile.

I'll give you that.

Now try that set up on a nasty CGD 300 to 400 feet from the truck...

Fon Johnson

Tom, I will be at Duaneo's shop this week. Looks like probably Wednesday as of right now. Another option for stairs is an electric sander/polisher. Harbor Freight has one right now for twenty-nine bucks. They say it will hold up for a while, but obviously is not for heavy duty regular use. I am going to get one to polish the truck (and my cars :D ) and use for stairs. We don't have to encap a lot of stairs, and it should hold up for a while. It is a 7" variable speed. Now I just need to find some 7" scrub bonnets..

I have used that 24" cimex of Tom's, and that thing will flat out clean some carpet fast!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
you not read my posts on the other board fon???

give me a call or if you lost my number ill call you

i have the answer for that

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Fon Johnson said:
1) So if we use pads on the cimex, we will always have to vacuum afterwards?

2) Can you get the same bonnets we use to fit the cimex?

1) no i never have. read Mark's post above.

2) yes, but even better than the green-striped is the brown-striped.

thanx --- Derek :)

BTW, Mark that system looks neat. is that the solution i see spraying straight down in front of the 'Mex? had you ever used the grav feed before that? if so, for how long?

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
We never had a gravity feed set-up, the 24" cimex was purchased used from Rick and was already set-up with the pump and sprayer. I did change the spray set-up as it was not spraying in a good full pattern in front of the machine.
yes that is the spray sort of an A pattern.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
24" :shock:

nice toy!

thanx for the info TOM (sorry, i see Cermak and think Mark :p )

--- Derek.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I understand seeing the name... he's the one in the spotlight more than I am.
I am the older brother who started him and his wife in this line of work
( for good or bad).
He and Andrechelle really are great and I am proud of both of them!
So I take no insult in being confused with him, our parents did it all the time ...lol

Jim England

Equipment

Fon, I sent you an email on this so I won't ramble on. Mark is right!, However, if you use our CRB machine which as I stated to you is built by the same company that builds the gls for whittaker, you won't have to bend over and pick up all the crud the machine pulls out of the carpet. The machine will collect it and put it in the renovators (dirt receptacles), which holds about 9 lbs of dirt.

If you use our 500 grit brushes you will easily clean as good if not better than a cimex and take a lot of the dirt with you, which the cimex can't do. At less than half the weight of a cimex or brute and much less cumbersome (a woman can take it up and down stairs) it is a much easier machine to deal with, and yet has more lbs per square inch on the carpet than the others, and IMO nothing cleans faster.

The machine is so much more maneuverable than the others, and it will also clean right up to a wall while the others won't. With our tank-less Cobra spray system which fits any of the gls CRB type machines, you will save all that bulk and solution weight on the handle. With the Cobra spray system and the right brushes I will put our CRB machine or the gls against any of the others. Our CRB machine can pre-vac, pre-scrub, encap clean, post vac, pile lift, and groom a carpet. Plus like Mark said it is a great tile and grout scrubberr. Of coarse I could be bias.

Jim England
smart-cleaning-solutions.com

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Jim, I hope Larry Crapatoni and Anthony know that you are using their comments on your website.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom