Cameron DeMille, Outdoor Enhancer question

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Any feedback on longevity before CEX 100 starts to fade outdoors?
http://www.easystonecare.com/CEX-100-Enhancing-Sealer-p/cex100.htm

3000 sqft thats going to get lots of sun, sprinkler overspray etc..

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

Name
cameron demille
I don't know honestly. As far as overspray and other film or residue, CEX is an incredible sealer and will make maintenance much easier. It will definitely bring that color out a lot, but as far as lifespan in direct UV, I can't honestly say. It's up there with the better ones, I would expect a couple years out of it at least.

I do have someone in FL. that uses/used it on an exterior job. I'll check with him and see how it's doing.

At that price point though, considering you can get 2-4 quarts out of it, depending on the stone, it is by far the best bang for your buck on the market. I wouldn't consider it an economy enhancer, it is very good quality.

Mikey P

Administrator
Never ever offer any sort of guarantee or promise with Enhancers.

and never ever Enhance something that has been sealed before.

Are my motto's....

Reactions: Bee Busy

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I have about 1800 sf of stamped stained concrete. I have been using a solvent based acrylic sealer called Master Kure. The color pops like an enhancer and it looks great but lasts less than a year. It is only 100.00 for a 5 Gallon pail. Any other options? I sealed about 125 sf of exposed aggregate with stone pro Lacquer solvent based and it lasts 10 years but it costs a buck a square foot.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I am brutaly honest & tell customers this will fade so no promises are made, most of our work has been houses listed for sale so they don't care what happens after 6 months thankfully.

I tried a number of quality enhancers & even applied a solvent sealer the following day (STT CE+ SB) & they all faded so I have passed on plenty of work knowing homeowner isn't going to be happy in 12 months even though they knew up front this would fade in So. Cal. sun.

Name
cameron demille
Jim, the CEX is similar to the old STT CE, if that helps.

Carl, the original Enhancer Pro was a great product, before CA tightened their restrictions and DuPont bought Stone Tech. The formula changed over the years and it's still good, but not as good as t used to be. With that being said, I would rather use CEX 100. You can adjust the intensity of the color/thickness. It's 100% solids, so it must be diluted, but depending on the stone, or the consistency desired, you can dilute it 2:1, or 3:1 to get up to a gallon out of a single quart. it MUST be mixed with mineral spirits, nothing else. The only odor you'll get is from the mineral spirits, so if you use odorless, it will be pretty tame

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom