Name
Greg Crowley
I believe it is a Kashan(not sure) 8x11.1

101_0030.jpg

101_0032.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Sorry I got pulled away for while, I'd agree with your Kashan assestment. As a general rule, most rugs made after WWII do not carry any real value after they have been sold. If you were to purchase a rug new of the same quality, you may be looking around a couple grand, but second hand, the value goes down significantly.. If you want, I can post some pics up over at the rug hub and we can see if one of the ruggies can ID the value for ya. Randy must be distracted with business to give you his opinion today.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Pretty much... :wink: But no reason to get caught with your pants down on a rug that doesn't have alot of value if they try to stick you with a problem.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
It is a Kashan circs 1930’s value is a little difficult to assess from a picture since conditional and color play an important part in value beyond that formal floral Persian rugs are not in high demand. I’d say in the 5K range however with the market where it is right now that’s likely a bit steep. The last one I know to have changed hands wet for 3K and it was a little bigger and had some condition issues

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Judge? I can't even remember getting a complaint let alone sued

that isn't my garage becker that is a friends garage. When I go by tuesday I will take the after photos it came out beautiful. He wants to sell the rug and I couldn't tell him what it was worth.

Thanks Randy and everyone else who was helpful. I do appreciate it

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
just going by the look of it in the last pic...i would guess $2500 to $3000 max retail. if i was going to buy it not over $900

Becker

Name
Becker
Lighten up Greg...

Geeeeeeeeeee

How about some pic while you clean it.

Do ya clean them like Claudia? In your driveway?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I do rugs in the garage at my house. I have 3 bays and use two for cleaning.

Becker

Name
Becker
I dont know.. with that tarp under the rug and all.. hmmmm.

Go Jim Martin on us for a day.. show us your process.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
He wants to sell the rug and I couldn't tell him what it was worth.
Tell him if he wants more than Jerry's offer to store it for awhile. Rugs aren't selling at all right now, floral Persians are out of style, and the market for used rugs is strictly bargain hunters preying on the desperate.

Not saying he can't find an interested buyer, but give the economy time to turn and the fascination with Tibetans time to cool and the rug will sell for a lot more than it will now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom