Al

I believe it is acrylic carpet.

100_4561.jpg

100_4563.jpg

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Probably don't need crayons at all Al- It needs to be removed. Crayons are for adding color when too much is gone, not covering up darker colors.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Acrylic is like working with wool in many ways.
Ken is right in that removal of the color is always preferable. However, where that is not possible for whatever reason then yes it could be made to "appear" unstained with the use of crayons.

Al

This was a job Kyle was called on while I was at connections, a cat barfed up a mouse. He tried various red removers with no transfer at all.

So I told him to post and see what you fellers would do?

Tony, what colour would you start with?

AL

timlakeman

Have you tried the steam iron and white towel trick to remove this stain? I get out about 90% of red stains using this method

harryhides

Name
Tony
Al said:
Tony, what colour would you start with?
AL

I'd start with a medium green color, Al. But before that I'd use a steam iron with red vanish and a towel to try to remove more of this stain.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
When using crayons do you just rub them in and hope for the best? Apply heat? How long does the color transfer from a crayon last?

Do you allow your customers to see that you are using a crayon to cover up a stain and not removing the stain or redyeing it?

Al

Red Vanish and an Iron worked! Kyle had tried a few different products on these stains but hadn't used an iron. Took just a few minutes fo fix. 8)

harryhides

Name
Tony
Larry B said:
When using crayons do you just rub them in and hope for the best? Apply heat? How long does the color transfer from a crayon last?

Do you allow your customers to see that you are using a crayon to cover up a stain and not removing the stain or redyeing it?

Larry, if you preheat ( warm up ) either the carpet or the crayon you can just gently rub the crayon across the carpet.

I'd suggest that you practice a bit a home and then try to remove the crayon color with your best stain removers. It will not last in direct sunlight. If you remove the paper from the crayons, then they become "solid dye sticks" and of course whenever possible I prefer the customer is not watching me.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom