Can you beat this price??

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
footnote :

I went ahead and did the unit last Friday. At the price the unit's owner had a bid for.
It is on the second floor, with a little diffcult access, so a lot of carrying stuff. Slightly PITA. House is in a really sketchy hood. Where a lot of bad stuff goes on. Boarded up , and burned out places , with some others putting in and effort to bring the area up.
This one is nicely done.
Carpet was not bad at all. Almost new, but of course a poly. , but a little nicer than in most rentals. It is one that looks wonderful and is really soft and fluffy, but thin and distorts as soon as it is walked on. Two bedrooms garden, with separate liv room and din room.

Haven't spoken with the management co. yet. I just told them I would do it on a one time basis. Am waiting to see if there is any feedback at all.

When I submit an invoice I will write it up and detail all that I did. with a price, which I will then discount down to the bid the owner had gotten. I am not sure if the owner will even see the final write up, as I submit it to the property mgt.

oh so you opened the door to do it at this price all the time. that's all I hear. But biggest thing is, are you going to keep or get more work by doing it at this price that one time?

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
oh so you opened the door to do it at this price all the time. that's all I hear. But biggest thing is, are you going to keep or get more work by doing it at this price that one time?
No, Scott, not at all.

When I agreed to do this one at a lower price it was clear , only for this one client in this one place.

They actually told me that if I chose not to do the work at this one unit, that they would not hold it against me, and would still use my services as usual.
I got very positive feedback from the PM company when I caled to find out what was going on in this one instance.

I guess that in the back of my mind I am thinking that this owner who uses the PM company will see what they got. But then as stated earlier in the thread, there is the possibility that they have a regular who they use , and are happy with. And maybe they do fine work. But I am not privy to any of that information.

Reactions: SamIam

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
No, Scott, not at all.

When I agreed to do this one at a lower price it was clear , only for this one client in this one place.

They actually told me that if I chose not to do the work at this one unit, that they would not hold it against me, and would still use my services as usual.
I got very positive feedback from the PM company when I caled to find out what was going on in this one instance.

I guess that in the back of my mind I am thinking that this owner who uses the PM company will see what they got. But then as stated earlier in the thread, there is the possibility that they have a regular who they use , and are happy with. And maybe they do fine work. But I am not privy to any of that information.

I did not give it away. JUst a slightly lower price than what I would have billed. Hopefully it is a good investment.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Can not win them all. I quoted $405 to this schmuck. 1040 F2. Dude is a painting contractor buying a 3500 F2 home.

On 03/31/2018 6:55 pm, Ron wrote:
Hi Chris,
Thank you for the quote.
I only will need the LR, FR, Office, and MBR carpet cleaned at this time as the other areas are in good shape.
Can you do the above (4) areas for $300.00 cash?
If so, can we schedule for this Thursday, 4/5/18?
Please let me know.

Thank you,
Ron

Sent: Sun, Apr 1, 2018 11:42 am
Subject: Norms Revised Quote

Hello Ron,
I am sorry, I just can not do a 25% discount. I can offer you a 10% discount and clean the specified areas in your new home for $365.04. See my revised quote attached. Does that work for you?
Have a great day!
Chris Newman
Norms Carpet Cleaning

On 04/01/2018 12:36 pm, Ron wrote:

Thank you for the update Chis but we will look elsewhere at this time.

The home we purchased is completely empty and has been gently lived in with no pets or children.
I had a complete 3500 square foot home done for $400 recently and they dealt with the furniture, children & pet stains. I was hoping to deal with a local business but I will reach back out to them to see if they will come down to the Geneva area.
Thank you,
Ron Lee

-----Original Message-----
From: Norms Carpet Cleaning <chris@normscarpetcleaning.com>
To: Ron
1144 E. State Street
Geneva, IL 60134

www.normscarpetcleaning.com

No Problem Ron. I have canceled your service for Wednesday.

Congratulations on your new home!

Have a great day!
Chris Newman

Norms Carpet Cleaning

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I don't know, $300 for 4 rooms isn't bad. Probably take you less than 2 hours. $150 per hour is more than a lot of guys charge here.

Yes, you are probably right. I do live in a high living expense area.

I thought I was negotiating. The customer was setting my price. I would have agreed to anything he countered with. I let pride get in my way?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yes, you are probably right. I do live in a high living expense area.

I thought I was negotiating. The customer was setting my price. I would have agreed to anything he countered with. I let pride get in my way?
I hate when people negotiate with me but sometimes it's good to step back and look at the numbers.

Reactions: Rick J

rick imby

Name
Rick
Well, got to the bottom of it I think.
Spoke with the Property Management. As I said , I have worked with them for years.

This particular owner went out and got their own quote . The PM does not know who from. But will not hold against me if I do not match the quote.

The person who found all this out for me, from the PM owner, is not sure how much other properties they manage for this particular client.
As I said the PM is a realtor and PM company who has several agents and manages a lot of stuff all over town.

I think when working with PM company's we need to initiate an EULA of our own.!!LOL
We will do the service at a discounted rate, only with your full awknowledgement that it is not the best of service, and that you agree
When YOUR tenant(CUSTOMER) complains we can not be held responsible.

I disagree---you have paid a big price through the years to learn to be the best you can be----Do the best you know how or walk away....

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
I disagree---you have paid a big price through the years to learn to be the best you can be----Do the best you know how or walk away....

The remark about an EULA was a bit of a tongue in cheek remark , meant to be sarcastic.

I did the work as usual, not cutting corners.

Reactions: rick imby
Back
Top Bottom