Can you help me with a foam problem...

...my White tragic tritan is gurgling when I cut it off. Just installed a new blower and came outside to see it blowing foam way before the tank was full. I want to smoke test it for leaks. Any idea of how to do this?
Also anyone know of some kind of defoamer ball or item I can stick into the recovery tank to help until I find the problem?

Thirdly I noticed that Fox Tm's have no recovery tank. How do they accomplish this and how can I retro this to mine???

Any help appreciated!

Rob Allen.

PS:Thank you Powerclean for the blower and the quick ship!!! I wish WMagic had service like yours!

Scottie

So I am taking from your description that you are having a recovery tank leak? Possibly near the bottom of the tank? I would think you would find moisture when sitting idle. As far as foam goes, try some crystal defoamer on the carpets for now. :?

John Bolton

Rob,

A bar of soap in a netting bag, hung inside your tank such that the in-coming water washes over it is an inexpensive and surprisingly effective de-foamer. It can be made even more effective by breaking up the bar to present a greater surface area.

John Bolton said:
Rob,

A bar of soap in a netting bag, hung inside your tank such that the in-coming water washes over it is an inexpensive and surprisingly effective de-foamer. It can be made even more effective by breaking up the bar to present a greater surface area.

John wouldn't this make it more soapy???
thanks,Rob.

Ps:Couldn't I just put it in my filter bag?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Look into low foam emulsifiers and presprays.

I use Kleenrite's PCX powder

Expensive but only use half the dilution ratio.

Jon-Don sells it.

I agree there might be a leak in your vac tank.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
sounds like you need to find the air leak in your tank more than a defoamer.

Was the dump valve completely closed?

How full was the tank before it started blowing out of the blower?

..L.T.A.

meAt said:
sounds like you need to find the air leak in your tank more than a defoamer.

Was the dump valve completely closed?

How full was the tank before it started blowing out of the blower?

..L.T.A.

1/4 way full.

Dump valve has a rubber cover.

Name
Lee Stockwell
A crack on a weld, or anywhere below the waterline is the most likely cause of your foaming. Look for a leak on any solution bypass line routed to the waste tank as well.

As Larry noted you ARE getting air in there somehow.

Greenie

time dry the outside of the tank real well, then fill the tank, and toss in some food color, and look real well for a small leak.

John Bolton

suprarob said:
John Bolton said:
Rob,

John wouldn't this make it more soapy???
thanks,Rob.

Ps:Couldn't I just put it in my filter bag?

Rob,

Soap kills detergent lather and vice versa.

Yes if you use a filter bag, that would be a good place to put it, but if you chip the soap to make it more effective it would be worth using a net bag* to keep soap and fluff separate.

* The netting bag that comes with some laundry detergent tablets would be ideal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom