Can you list more reasons a chemical pump won't work...

I've tried all I know. Cat pump 5 cp with a chemical pump attached. All lines seem to be fine. I have pressurized the system to remove any air leaks and yet it still won't prime or apply chemical. Any new ideas appreciated! Feel free to list any and all reasons! Cat pump appears to be working fine.
Thanks,Rob.

Jimbo

Diaphragm in chem pump installed backwards?? Crudd in any check valves?

Name
BradFenstermaker
TACT is the cleaning pie. Time, Agitation,Chemical,Temperature.
Dwell,Scrub,Prespay,Heat.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
apply your prespray with something other then you TM (multi sprayer, pump up sprayer, etc)

use a tool to agitate with ( rotary, crb machine, etc)

then rinse with TM hot soft water, no chemical in the rinse

you would be surprised at how well it works

not sure what machine you have but the 3 way valve is probably no good, that is the valve that you can switch to either, off, prime or chemical

RichardnTn

If you have a diaphragm pump that is actuated by the 5cp, make sure the check valves are okay....both are the same just turned the opposite direction. Make sure they are clean, springs are okay, and the teflon seats are seating. An as was mentioned in a prior post, may sure that there is not tear in the diaphragm itself.
If you put the chem system on prime and stick the solution end in the vac outlet, will it pull water thru.... Keep us informed...Richard

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Thanks for pointing that out Terry. For 90 grand I would expect the little things to operate.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
its a pro-chem on the Vortex and I think the AT..............

I have never had great luck with the pro-chem ........kept blowing the valves.....seems they just cant take the hammering..........

another bad design is to have it screwed directly onto the cat pump.......

I switched mine out to a hydro master pump because it can handle the harder hammering............and I ran a hydraulic line which absorbs some of the pulsation and remounted my chem pump to another location and isolated it with a valve........

add all that to a gravity feed prime..and she never misses a beat..........

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
It won't work because you need a whole new truckmount.

Try replacing truckmount... get a new van while you're at it.

If the chempump still doesn't work, it's the manufacturers problem.

B&BGaryC said:
It won't work because you need a whole new truckmount.

Try replacing truckmount... get a new van while you're at it.

If the chempump still doesn't work, it's the manufacturers problem.

Every bodies a comedian...don't quit your day job... :wink:

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
What is a chemical pump? I guess I'm not that mechanical, but have used a Powermatic forever. It just draws up the chemical from the tank. It doesn't have a chemical pump. Just a pressure pump, 5 Cat as I recall.

Loren

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Possible broken spring...

Used to happen on older Butlers alot...

they now have a strainer so metal will not enter pump,etc...

Diaphragm

Loose hose fitting allowing air inside...

that was Brian's problem here...

Loose flow-meter sucking in air?

Good luck...

But all fittings should be snugged per month...

With back up fittings and lines ready if you can afford spares,ready to go...

T

The Magician

What Richardntn said. In prime is the water coming out of the hose. Did you replace diaphragm and the large O ring. Did you put the check valves in the proper position?

The Magician said:
What Richardntn said. In prime is the water coming out of the hose. Did you replace diaphragm and the large O ring. Did you put the check valves in the proper position?

I have noticed that when I unhooked the hose going to the cat pump to the pulse chemical pump that it flows intermittently or none at all. Seems to me it should come out full bore to create movement in the chemical pump. Therefore could it be the cat pump is not putting out strong enough?
Thanks,Rob.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Mine always gives me trouble. I took it into my mech. He replaced both valves but it still didn't work proper. It worked, but not right.

Finally he replaced the diaphragm and some other mumbo jumbo. Worked like a dream, for about 2 months, then it stopped working all-together. Brought it in again. The blasted thing had sucked an O-Ring out of one of the fittings and the o-ring got lodged in the system. Go figure. Those chem-draw systems are complicated. I just take mine into express distributing and drive my mechanic crazy with it.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Doug D said:
Bet Morgan loves you Gary!!

Whenever I walk in he starts pounding his head on something and exclaims, "What do you want now?!?!?"

I chase him around the shop talking about how much he really loves me. I drink all his coca-cola just to piss him off, then I ask him when we are going to have that "Ninja Turtles" party. I said I'd even let him be Raphael, but he doesn't seem to be interested.

Maybe he's the picnic kinda guy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom