Can you spot the 3 violatons and 1 safety hazard?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I get a text from my tech yesterday:

This a$$pole gave me a ticket while i was setting up! You should fight it! Its $110!
He then texted me these photos to prove his innocence.

20170602_101709_1496423880166.jpg
20170602_101726_1496423881488.jpg

I responded-- the photos show you are committing 3 violations and 1 saftey hazard! Move the van.

Can you name the violations and main safety hazard? Knowing this could safe a life and some money.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not sure of the violations but the truck is partially on the sidewalk, you have two walking liability hazards with the hoses.

Its parked close enough I'd be concerned about exhaust fumes.

He tried, he has cones setup front and rear.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You are forcing people to walk in front of the van into traffic or behind, tripping over hoses, looks like that was the only way for your tech to park as he would probably be blocking the neighbors drive way if he parked sideways. You can solve part of the problem by buying a hose ramp. The other safety violation is the fumes your tech is breathing in the truck, judging from the looks of that back door panel. Not very healthy looking.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
The health hazard was the exhulst fumes going into the house.
Possible violations are:
He was parked on sidewalk.
The front of his van was in a travel lane=double parking.
The $5000 violation was American Disablities Act violation. Which is USA wide but maybe only SF enforces it. The hose without a hose ramp doesnt allow a person in a wheelchair to cross the sidewalk and violate their civil rights.
They could also say is wheel werr more the 18 inches from curb-- 4 violation.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We have a lot of the same problems here and the parking Nazi's are always out in force. They don't have to give you a physical ticket now, they take a picture and presto a ticket is on the way. I am looking into a hose ramp. One of our biggest problems is that we have resident parking by permit in a lot of areas. When I am using the TM and the parking enforcement see the hoses coming from the truck, they leave me alone. When I am using a portable in an apartment building, they will ticket me every time, even if I have left a note on my dash explaining when I am and what I am doing.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
How can anyone live in that HELLHOLE state anyway?

Wish Trump would take away government funds from the state.

I sorta agree-- forget the Fed- make CA its own state, we will be better off. CA give the Fed more money in taxes then it recieves back.--

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had an elderly lady today, just as I was wrapping up the truck, afraid to cross my fresh water hose. She sat there as I disconnected it.

Name
Brad Gouveia
I did an apartment the other day. I either park in the handicap spot or block a garage and park in the fire lane. I took the handicap route. This lady gave me a hard time saying someone that was handicap needed the spot. I did not see anyone and told her I would be right done to move. What would she of done if there was some other handicap person parked in the spot? I would love to find out where someone of these people work and give them a hard time at there work.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I did an apartment the other day. I either park in the handicap spot or block a garage and park in the fire lane. I took the handicap route. This lady gave me a hard time saying someone that was handicap needed the spot. I did not see anyone and told her I would be right done to move. What would she of done if there was some other handicap person parked in the spot? I would love to find out where someone of these people work and give them a hard time at there work.

I parked in a handicap spot once because that was what was easiest. It was at 9pm and most shops were closed. So i figured it woukd be ok to park there---
I got a $250 ticket and went to court to fight it-- reasoning that it was after hours and businesses were closed.
I get in front of the judge and the 1st thing he says before i get a chance to plead my case is;
"Handicap violations are a non contestable ticket because it is a severe violation. Do you have anything to say?"
I said-- do you take check or credit card.. the court room laughed.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just make kalifornica their own country. I beg to differ about them paying more to uncle sam. They have always been broke and will always be.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I hate people who park in handicap spots, carpet cleaners excluded of course. I once thought I was going have to fight a guy who parked in a handicapped spot. He was a young guy who parked in a handicapped spot in front of a liquor store. He bounced out of his truck and I could see there was nothing obviously wrong with him so I asked, "is your handicap physical or mental?" He looked at me and then got back in his truck and moved. Phew, he was a lot bigger than me, but not my mouth apparently.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom