Can you use encap juice then hwe?

tres davis

Name
tres
We have a couple thousand rooms to clean with portables this summer. Will have to hire part time guys and trying to come up with as dumby proof of a system as possible.

Each crew will have a porty(with heat), a brush pro, and vacuum. It's padded carpet.

I know most of them would probably look better if we just encap all of them but we aren't/can't gonna do that. It's residential units and they want hwe.

Can we encap them and then extract? Would that work? I looked through old posts but couldn't find anything mentioning that.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
We have a couple thousand rooms to clean with portables this summer. Will have to hire part time guys and trying to come up with as dumby proof of a system as possible.

Each crew will have a porty(with heat), a brush pro, and vacuum. It's padded carpet.

I know most of them would probably look better if we just encap all of them but we aren't/can't gonna do that. It's residential units and they want hwe.

Can we encap them and then extract? Would that work? I looked through old posts but couldn't find anything mentioning that.
Is there a reason you want to go encap, rather than a traditional (somewhat) high PH prespray?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I don't understand how the job has gotten more "dummy proof" by using a product that is really designed for something else.

I think it would probably work in a pinch.

Get you some Saiger Sauce and be done with it!

tres davis

Name
tres
Always issues with rapid re-soiling etc
Even if they miss some areas or don't thoroughly extract then the encap/brush pro probably made it look good already

These aren't owner/ops wooing the homeowner

It's part time cleaners doing A LOT of units in a short time

Just trying to come up with the lowest hassle process for my sanity

If we could run truck mounts I wouldn't worry about it. These are all high rises

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Yes you can... but it won't really be any easier.
The only way I can see it being better is if you are the one doing the encaping and your guys following behind you to rinse/make the lines look straight and pretty guys. However I might suggest instead of using an encap, use one of the soap free products like Procyon, Clean free, or ect. I would tend to believe that they will give you a better clean and not have a soapy residue to worry about. The encap can be used as a pre-spray but you are limiting its effectiveness by rinsing. It is meant to be scrubbed, let dry, then dry vacuumed.

Reactions: Russ T.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
The way encap products work is that they are left behind and keep working with vacuuming. I don't know why you'd use them and then extract it out. Kind of defeats the purpose.

We HWE then encap. But we do that in commercial settings. We do the initial cleaning that way, then encap inbeteeen HWE, typically Semi annual or quarterly and HWE once per year there after

tres davis

Name
tres
They are pretty nasty(student), I guess will just have to stick to blasting them with high ph as usual. Every crew will have a brush pro this year so that should help. Years past we just had a couple that got shuffled around for the bad units.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
What Richard suggested would work best.
If possible, just get a 175 and go over, it will take very little time and will make a difference in the situation you're describing

Reactions: Mikey P

tres davis

Name
tres
The majority will be new hires with crash course training to be honest. You can't staff this with all experienced cleaners. It's student housing turn cleaning. Every unit turns in 3 weeks. We do anywhere from 2-4k bedrooms in 3 weeks. Just trying to get the simplest/most efficient method that will also allow new cleaners to do a decent job. The expectations are fairly low especially on the high rises. Pretty sure that we are miles ahead of the other companies doing this just by agitating every unit.

We have 120 psi with heat portys (has very good vac power). Whatever cheap Single jet wand that comes with the porty. And the brush pro for agitation

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
What you are describing is the old shampoo /rinse method.
Nothing new about it. You shampoo and rinse. Think of the shampoo as your prespray.
But with the HIGH price of scampoo these days due to popularity and mythical bs marketing it doesn't make sense to use it. Just find a high ph prespray that doesn't foam and use it. The more foam it makes the more it will cause foam in your vac hose and and lead to too much foam in your waste tank.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Wow, set each team up with a 175 with tank, and an aggressive pad.? A lot cheaper than a Brush pro, and maybe more suitable for that work? Heavy pre-conditioner in tank, followed by an appropriate detergent rinse. ? But, maybe too much of a learning curve for you inexperienced crews?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
If you want to do HWE and have a fail safe for areas that might not be thoroughly rinsed and extracted, areas that might wick back , etc. Do the reverse of what you suggested. HWE first and then Brush Pro encap. This stands up the fibers very nicely at the end of the job, leaves the encap solution on the fibers instead of extracting it off. This is a better defense against wicking.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Scott, he already said that:

Evidently the man has a functioning conscience and does not want them youngsters to grow a third head or sumpin.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
We have a dedicated HWE/Encap pre-spray HWE detergent in the Release line...
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Rel...tion-Carpet-Cleaning-Products-Encap_p_69.html

Here's a cool time-saving technique you can do with Encap-Punch...
  1. Apply Encap-Punch to the carpet and scrub the entire carpet.
  2. After applying Encap-Punch and scrubbing --- Perform HWE in the higher soiled sections.
By doing this two step process, you can cut down the amount of time spent with your HWE process.
  • You won't need to wand over the less soiled sections of the carpet, because the encapsulation process can handle those areas.
  • And in the sections where you do run the wand it'll be easier because you pre-scrubbed.
Give it a try. We've recommended this technique to a lot of cleaners and the response we've gotten has been great.

steve_64

I had encapped then extracted when using my bane because of concerns about rinsing. It worked pretty well but not so much for the nasties. Some areas will need the higher pH prespray.

I like the idea for what you are planning. I would use cleanfree for my rinse diluted by half maybe.

The brush pro would be safer too.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I called it Ricky...............shampoo and rinse

Old method

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you want to do HWE and have a fail safe for areas that might not be thoroughly rinsed and extracted, areas that might wick back , etc. Do the reverse of what you suggested. HWE first and then Brush Pro encap. This stands up the fibers very nicely at the end of the job, leaves the encap solution on the fibers instead of extracting it off. This is a better defense against wicking.
But I prescrub with my brush pro. The bristles are nasty. Therefore, the diaper pad is the best method for guys with dirty brushes

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

That's what I would do if worried and HAD to use a porty.

Hwe with a light encap rinse, get a fan on it.

Reactions: tres davis

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Tres, are you thinking that using a good encap to pre-clean, then using portys to do a rapid flush would save time (over a slower porty deep flush needed with a no-encap product)?

It will. Any encap left deeper will just do what it does anyhow. No harm in that. BUT you need to know somebody will post vac AND you will need to plan on somebody inspecting and treating wickbacks. There will be a few.

Go for it.

Reactions: tres davis

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Tres, are you thinking that using a good encap to pre-clean, then using portys to do a rapid flush would save time (over a slower porty deep flush needed with a no-encap product)?

It will. Any encap left deeper will just do what it does anyhow. No harm in that. BUT you need to know somebody will post vac AND you will need to plan on somebody inspecting and treating wickbacks. There will be a few.

Go for it.
I think the point is ball to the wall for 2 weeks for the campus turn. Ain't no goin back, much less anybody going back to vac!!
That happens here too.
A lot of coordination.

Good gig. I have subbed in the past for those that do this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom