Can't have too many tools

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Went back today to hwe the lobby carpets in both buildings. Thick pile wool. Did an inspection with the strata president. She was just gushing over how nice the carpets looked that we cleaned with the orbot. It always looks better the next day. I didn't really think it would work as good as it did. For someone who has used hwe all his life, it seems like you are only doing half a job, scrubbing and walking away but the results speak for themselves. I wouldn't recommend it for residential but for commercial, it does a beautiful job in half the time compared to hwe.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Finished the job today. 27 hallways plus the office and small lobby. 2 hours today. Total job $1740 before taxes. 5 hours labour plus 2 hours driving time. 1 hour prep time in the shop. 4 pads at $5 each. Manager complimented me on a great job and the carpets dried in less than an hour. They have a ton of vinyl and ceramic tile. Have to talk to Willy about that
So managed about $100 an hour give or take.
British pounds? Canadian dollar?
Gas for 2 hours drive time?
Wear and tear on the truck/van?
Lunch?

Sounds a little low to me. But on the other hand your area may not be the slums of Beverly Hills or Houston Texas Oil rich poverty bitches.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So managed about $100 an hour give or take.
British pounds? Canadian dollar?
Gas for 2 hours drive time?
Wear and tear on the truck/van?
Lunch?

Sounds a little low to me. But on the other hand your area may not be the slums of Beverly Hills or Houston Texas Oil rich poverty bitches.
Check your math.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Went back today to hwe the lobby carpets in both buildings. Thick pile wool. Did an inspection with the strata president. She was just gushing over how nice the carpets looked that we cleaned with the orbot. It always looks better the next day. I didn't really think it would work as good as it did. For someone who has used hwe all his life, it seems like you are only doing half a job, scrubbing and walking away but the results speak for themselves. I wouldn't recommend it for residential but for commercial, it does a beautiful job in half the time compared to hwe.
Time to mothball those portables, VLM dries faster and looks better longer. Just prevacuum!

Reactions: Cleanworks

SteamwayPro

Supportive Member
Name
George
I did hallways conference rooms for Holiday Inn Express using my Orbot SprayBorg the end of October. Manager was very pleased with the results. I felt like I was stealing because it was sooooo easy. I don't think I even was sweating. I sweat like a pig pushing a wand.

Only problem is.....8 weeks and I'm still not paid.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I did hallways conference rooms for Holiday Inn Express using my Orbot SprayBorg the end of October. Manager was very pleased with the results. I felt like I was stealing because it was sooooo easy. I don't think I even was sweating. I sweat like a pig pushing a wand.

Only problem is.....8 weeks and I'm still not paid.
Back when we did work for hotels we felt lucky to get paid in 90 days. It made little sense, work for a great rate then beg to get paid.

Badger them but be professional. Ask for an expected payment date and call when it goes beyond that day. Stay on them! They won't pay you because they owe you. They will pay you so you won't hassle them anymore.

SteamwayPro

Supportive Member
Name
George
Thank You for the advice. I did find out today that the manager that hired me got fired last week. I have to go Tuesday and talk to the new manager with a copy of the bill. I hate begging to get paid.
Back when we did work for hotels we felt lucky to get paid in 90 days. It made little sense, work for a great rate then beg to get paid.

Badger them but be professional. Ask for an expected payment date and call when it goes beyond that day. Stay on them! They won't pay you because they owe you. They will pay you so you won't hassle them anymore.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I said begging because it feels that way. It's actually not. You provided a service and are due compensation.

"I'm sorry to hear that Robert is no longer with you. Can you tell me when I can expect payment?"

"You don't know? Whom at corporate do I need to contact? Do you have his/her email?"

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I said begging because it feels that way. It's actually not. You provided a service and are due compensation.

"I'm sorry to hear that Robert is no longer with you. Can you tell me when I can expect payment?"

"You don't know? Whom at corporate do I need to contact? Do you have his/her email?"
We can accept a corporate credit card, if that makes it easier.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

SteamwayPro

Supportive Member
Name
George

Yes I know what you mean exactly. It feels like your begging.

I made a lot calls today trying to get the right corporate number to call and found out Holiday Inn Express is a franchise. I think this will get straightened out Tuesday when I talk to the new manager.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom