carpet cleaning a rental thought realestate!!!

bianca

Name
western australia
hi all :)
wondering if anyone could give me some advice/help/tips on (and i no this may sound really silly) closing windows in a rental house which has been vacated once the carpets have been cleaned..
Should we leave the windows ajar so the carpet can dry and not cause the "wet dog" smell?
(personally i think yes)
If yes who is then responsible for closing the windows once the carpet is dry? eg: the tenant, real estate or carpet cleaner?
If the answer is no the windows should be shut then who then becomes responsible if a "wet dog" smell occurs?
(and before anyone has a smart comment we use hot water extraction and no we do not at all leave the carpets ringing wet, depending on the weather they would normally be dry within a couple of hours)

thank you for reading and i really hope someone out there can help :)

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If you have extracted the carpets well enough, there will be no wet dog smell. I only leave the windows open on the upper floors and with the consent of the person who is responsible for looking after the place. Otherwise, if it rains or someone breaks in, you could be held responsible. Take your time and do extra dry strokes and invest in a couple of dri-pods. As soon as you finish a room, put a dri-pod in and repeat with the next one and keep alternating. It will help your drying times. Especially on occupied homes. Your customers will love you.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Bianca, here in Alabama I make a point of securing all windows and doors, then texting the owner when I step out and lock the door behind me. That leaves a trail.
I agree with Tres, but it should be with the agreement of the owner that you leave anything on. Obviously evaporation is your friend. If there is an issue such as absentee ownership that would prevent them from turning things back off, just build a quick return visit into your bid.

Does that help?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Build these questions/answers into your phone conversation.

Ms smith would you like the lights left on? What about ceiling fans? Locks, heat, etc.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The HVAC system should be used unless your outdoor air is very dry. Heat or AC depending on the time of year. Even the fan creates air movement.

As stated, speak with homeowner or realtor. Leave a paper trail just in case someone for gets the conversation. :winky:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Here in central Alabama, we automatically turn the central system in and leave all the ceiling fans running. We lock the house up.

It's the only logical thing to do in the hot months.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom