Carpet Cleaning Dirty Water in perspective

rick imby

Name
Rick
There is a lot of misinformation about Carpet Cleaning Waste.

The dilution rate of my chemicals is huge. I am using 4 oz to a gallon of prespray. This will usually clean 500 to 1500 feet. With the Steamin Demon i am using around 50 gallons of water for the same gallon of prespray. If 3.5 ounces of cleaner end up bonded with the dirt in 50 gallons of water that is a tiny percentage. The ultimate filter on this earth is topsoil and live vegetation and fresh air, Swamps are also the ultimate biofilter. The absolute best place to put this 3.5 ounces of soap mixed with dirt and 50 gallons of water is spread on a lawn or a field with lots of vegetation.

Let us be realistic and compare this to washing your clothes.

My carpet cleaning system has a lower percentage of soap to water than my washing machine puts out. Dishwashers put out an even higher percentage of soap to water. This waste should not even go into the sewer systems. It should be recycled into feeding plants without being treated.

The average washing machine Top loader uses 40 gallons of water per load. Most porty carpet cleaners use around 10 to 20 gallons per house, once or twice a year. The average household does 400 loads per year (quote from the California Energy Commission).

If the household is washing 400 loads a year that comes to 8,000 gallons of soapy water per household just for their washing machine.

The Carpet Cleaner adding 20 to 50 gallons a year to this is just so miniscule.

If you are having septic tank issues the best thing you can do is throw out the bottle of bleach and port your washing machine onto the lawn. The extra water will make it grow better.

An honest Environmentalist would agree---but you will rarely find one. Kinda like Virgins in a Whore house or smart vegetarians.

Septic systems do not handle large amounts of water and the hardest thing on them is Bleach. If the household is putting the water from their washing machine and their dishwasher into their septic tank the water and chemicals a portable CC puts into the system is immaterial.

randy

Name
Randy
I have to agree, the carpet cleaning waste water issues is way overblown. Over the last twenty years we have heard all sorts of bullshit stores about the $10,000 fine Fred over at xyz carpet cleaning got nailed with. Then you run into Fred at the local distributor and find out it's not true. In my area years ago there was talk of the FBI blue lighting carpet cleaning vans to check if they had pump outs installed. That of course is also B.S. It just happens (coincidence of course) that a local distributor had ordered a ton of these new super dooper pump outs , that never clog. For a thousand bucks installed you wouldn't have to worry about the FBI raiding your home, searching your cleaning rig and marching your family down town for questioning at 2AM in their underwear.

Yep there are lots of pump out sales techniques floating around out there. Too bad pump outs totally suck and clog up with the frequency of the toilets in public housing projects.

Mikey P

Administrator
Bite me colon cancer boy.

Einstein, Twain, Da Vinci,Tolstoy, Newton (as in Sir Isaac),Thoreau, Dr Spock (not the beam me up guy), Plato, Plutarch and Weird Al Yankovich were all vegetarians.

G

you forgot Hitler
not only was he a vegetarian but had a cute girlfriend and liked dogs

c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WePTBgi9rXsc]

rick imby

Name
Rick
Mikey P said:
Bite me colon cancer boy.

Einstein, Twain, Da Vinci,Tolstoy, Newton (as in Sir Isaac),Thoreau, Dr Spock (not the beam me up guy), Plato, Plutarch and Weird Al Yankovich were all vegetarians.

He did read the whole thing....lol

Greenie

rick imby said:
[quote="Mikey P":3oldxgmq]Bite me colon cancer boy.

He did read the whole thing....lol[/quote:3oldxgmq]

Don't make me quote that vegan 10 pts under national avg. IQ figure again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom