Category 2 or Category 3, that is the question.....

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Having a disagreement with an adjuster, that the difference in Cat 2 vs Cat 3 is in general, the presence of hazardous containments in water, making for cat 3 classification. He believes that because Xactimate states solids, or sludge from sewerage water as one example in the line item's description, that that is all that is considered cat 3, anything other than sewerage is cat 2.

We extracted 32800 sq ft of water contaminated with oil and hydraulic fluids, the vast majority with high levels of hydraulic fluids present, and a considerable amount with oil present.

Am I wrong to consider it cat 3?

Also, he stated I need to use the line item for hard surface extraction, but I can not find it, I think I remember seeing it years ago, but it seems to have vanished, anyone know the cat/sel in xactimate?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
indyallpro said:
Having a disagreement with an adjuster, that the difference in Cat 2 vs Cat 3 is in general, the presence of hazardous containments in water, making for cat 3 classification. He believes that because Xactimate states solids, or sludge from sewerage water as one example in the line item's description, that that is all that is considered cat 3, anything other than sewerage is cat 2.

We extracted 32800 sq ft of water contaminated with oil and hydraulic fluids, the vast majority with high levels of hydraulic fluids present, and a considerable amount with oil present.

Am I wrong to consider it cat 3?

Also, he stated I need to use the line item for hard surface extraction, but I can not find it, I think I remember seeing it years ago, but it seems to have vanished, anyone know the cat/sel in xactimate?

I would just copy the page right off the s500 and sending it to him, this is what we've done w/ a few different adjusters.

I will see if I can find the line item for you.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I don't remember what the line item is, but I know the difference in unit price is dramatic. Hard surface extraction will be 20-40 cents, while cat 3 is 1.05-1.50. And at the amount of sq footage you're talking... if you agree to bill for hard surface you are gonna need to perform a cat 3 loss in your underoos when you see the price difference. :shock:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
indyallpro said:

EXTHG - water extraction for hard surface floor cat 2 - business hours
EXTHGA - same but for after hours

EXTHS - same as above but for cat 3
EXTHSA - same as above but for cat 3 aft hrs

Pricing will depend on your region, here it's .36-1.00/sqft

There's also a contaminated water dump fee it's a "bit item" line item.

EXTDMP

Hope that helps

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Thanks guys, Xactimate REALLY needs to improve their search feature. I searched for those line items 100 different ways and they refused to come up, and to remember thousands of selection codes for water, fire, mold, and construction.... good luck...

He is also freaking on my decontam charges, took 4 guys 2 days to clean our gear, and he's trying to debate $3500 in charges.

It's part of the game I guess.

It should be about $50k claim, I and 4 techs nailed in 21 hrs - so no complaints.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
tmdry said:
indyallpro said:

EXTDMP

Hope that helps

none of these items are in xactimate......... what version are you using

what is the price per for EXTHSA - is it 1.06

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
indyallpro said:
tmdry said:
indyallpro said:

EXTDMP

Hope that helps

none of these items are in xactimate......... what version are you using

what is the price per for EXTHSA - is it 1.06

I'll pm you.

JR Harvey

Name
JR Harvey
Adjusters are evil !! I don't argue, I just tell the adjuster I will get my money from the owner and you can deal with them. They don't want to deal with a complaining owner usually. You probably have a better chance to explain cat 2 and cat 3 to the person your doing the work for than the "Evil adjuster". Just the way I work with them. Adjusters have been much more difficulty the last 5 years than back in the day. They must have new policies within stating to stop paying out claims or something.
Good luck!!

RugWorx

Name
Joe Couch
I would find where it states the difference between categories in the s500 and make a copy for him. I work for the property owner not the adjuster.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom