Cavitation ??

steamron

Name
Ron
Every so often my Prochem water pump will act up.
I will lose pressure with very little flow and you can see and gauge bounce up and down and hear the pump knocking.

General Pump calls it cavitation, my water box is full and I put a new hose on from the water box to the pump. They mentioned to check the inlet check valves, so I will try that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Could be a air leak in one of the fittings or hoses. Water box too hot? When I had a PC I would get that if the incoming water say from a water hose couldn't keep up. Incoming flow too high would cause my water box to over flow too.

Able 1

Name
Keith
To test this, disconnect the hose going to your waste tank from your water box and lay it on the floor of your van.. If it doesn't open replace it. They usually get stuck open, but it is something to look at.. It should open at some point during your first job of the day..

steamron

Name
Ron
I put on a new water box valve on in February, along with a new chemical pump diaphragm.
I replaced the hose from the water box to the water pump (some say that the hose breaks down over time and for a few bucks I put a new Parker hose on).

I'm seriously thinking it may be in the 3 way chemical control valve or a air leak some where around there. This morning I turned the unit on for the first job and it was doing it, so I shut it off and turned the 3 way valve to the off position. When I turned it back on it was fine, so I kept it off all day. But, it was drawing chemical because the rinse was down about 2 1/2 inches in the 5 gallon jug, when it was in the off position after doing 3 jobs.

This evening I replace the o-rings on the chemical check valve and double checked the water box screens. I turned it on and I have very strong priming, but with it in the on position the needle is bouncing around.

Reactions: SamIam and Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
The water box to the pump NEEDS to be 3/4 hose..

The 3 way valve is leaking if you are drawing chemical.. Or the diaphragm is bad..

Start with the 3 way..

Reactions: SamIam

Able 1

Name
Keith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom