CDS 4.8 Question?

Name
Jesse
What is the rpm gage on a cds measure?

I seen one today cleaning with a unglided ti wand. He was only pulling 11hg's on cgd and his rpm gage was in the 1650 range. That's faster than I'd expect the engine and slower than I could imagine the blower spinning.

Our W/M's display engine rpm's and the cleanco 47 displays blower rpm's

TimP

I think it's supposed to show the engine RPM. It runs off of a sensor on the back of the blower though. Anyways the person had the lift turned down if all he was running was 11 hg on cgd and he must be wanting more cfm and turned down the lift to make sure it didn't harm the clutch from over driving it like that . Mine hits 15 of course I want it to hit 15 it's factory set at 14. The factory setting for a chevy on the VDO is 1500 and I set mine near 1600 which is max in the manual and throw out the 1.5 hose but for tile. I can tell you if you have the salsa you want the higher lift it creates your heat.

Rex Tyus

Cleanco measures engine rpms on their panel as well. If you want the blower rpms you will need to calculate that from the flywheel to clutch to blower pulley ratios. Their is a website address that calculates it for you if you plug in the info.

Name
Jesse
Rex, I see you have a 56 and I assume you know what your talking about.

Using a new 47 the rpm gage reads a hair over 2900, I assume it has to be blower, at least on this unit.

Rex Tyus

Using a new 47 the rpm gage reads a hair over 2900, I assume it has to be blower, at least on this unit.

With those readings I would assume you are correct as well. Mine is an '04. They must have made a change. Thanks for the update.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom