Administrator
26904067_313300755857190_2131789232664698494_n.jpg

26904530_313300732523859_464444516132824181_n.jpg

This actual truck will be at Florida Fest in March

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
:headscratch: I was expecting to see the solution hose reel on the ceiling !!
I would have thought the vac hose and reel would be too heavy for the roof or mounting bolts.:eekk:
with all the bumps and pot holes in SF streets I don't think this would work for us.:dejection:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I like it...looks like a good space saver......but on the flip side...that seems like a lot of weight to be hanging off the top with no vertical supports to help pick up the weight...looks like they have the channel running across the ribs on the roof.....but all that reel and hose weight is concentrated in on spot...stop and starting...it is going to flex from front to rear...and all the jolting around...unless it is seriously braced and we just can't see it..I would be afraid that in time the roof would start to sag.........

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've never seen this specific reel up close, but the majority of them are wobbly, due to how thin the skeleton is. If that reel is the same way, just think about how that thing wobbles and sways 1/2 inch constantly back and forth. It looks good, and is using wasted space very well. I'm just concerned about how long it'll last like that with the way we drive our vehicles

Mikey P

Administrator
I've never seen this specific reel up close, but the majority of them are wobbly, due to how thin the skeleton is. If that reel is the same way, just think about how that thing wobbles and sways 1/2 inch constantly back and forth. It looks good, and is using wasted space very well. I'm just concerned about how long it'll last like that with the way we drive our vehicles

Sapphire/Prochem reels are the real deal. I had one in my Judson set up. Very stout.

https://www.legendbrandscleaning.com/Products/High-Profile-Hose-Reel

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Reactions: Mikey P and Nomad74

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've thought about it when putting a unit together. The last one we just went with the extra tall and narrow reel to get maximum use of the space. I also thought about the box beneath and mounting the reel on top of the box like Lee did.

In the end all but the the one with the extra tall reel are conventional installs.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Had 10" of dead space over the reel, so when we took it out to convert to electric I built the box to fit. To install had to suspend the reel and slide the box under it.

Had to credit Jim Bethel and his dad.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The last one we just went with the extra tall and narrow reel to get maximum use of the space. I also thought about the box beneath and mounting the reel on top of the box like Lee did

narrow on the roof of a hi-top would be the cat's azz I think (less/little no value in a standard height van)
This contingent on solid enough support w/roof mounts

On a raised box/shelf/pedestal would be second best (and certainly easier/less roof support concern )
Only reason I say "second best" is due to having supports/frames/side walls on floor instead of wide open/nothing in the way floor space

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
narrow on the roof of a hi-top would be the cat's azz I think (less/little no value in a standard height van)
This contingent on solid enough support w/roof mounts

On a raised box/shelf/pedestal would be second best (and certainly easier/less roof support concern )
Only reason I say "second best" is due to having supports/frames/side walls on floor instead of wide open/nothing in the way floor space

..L.T.A.
Duane's gives you a 300 foot in the space of a 200. Its a nice reel and love the space savings while still getting the extra hose.

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom