CFM meter

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I would like to see what my butler is seeing for cfm. I have drilled the shit out of the plate in the filter box. Got rid of the live reel. 2.5 out of filter box to 2.5 or 2 inch. Running the bigger blower at 1600 rpm. If any honest people would even rent me one, I would be interested.

Greenie

I know we'd all like to know "exactly" what our numbers are, but the fact is it varies greatly while cleaning, and even a raw dry air measurement won't be very useful becuase it changes when you introduce water and restriction on the carpet etc...
There is a limit at a given HG what you can pull through a 2" wand, rest assured your 4007 blower is capable of more than your wand is, so you have a surplus.

And whatever you do, don't waste the rental charge Bristor has on his cheap Anometer, I've heard all kinds of crazy readings, there is a clue here: when a 300 cfm rated blower is delivering 350 cfm through your restricted set up, somethign ain't right. I run into all kinds of guys trying to measure their rigs with this thing. What good is a measurement if it's wrong?

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Thanks greenie, you know me and joe don't get along. (After his fall apart vac hose.) I was wondering how much of an increase I have gained. I can tell it is working.

Kelly

try measureing it at differant intervals in the hose length and at the waste tank. as you get closer to the waste tank it should go up....kinda like a compression reading...you arent looking for exact amounts youre lookin for differential changes imho aint ya?

Back
Top Bottom