CFM Testing device for Wandlanta

Mikey P

Administrator
Qea7uHILCge-fRV23qM2rb2p_rFJXCIY0r45kQ0YDu1_cWctyEdXKDOR5wl7mNjRtdfJuaDRkSsm2PIMzPG=w538-h955-no.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
Industry standard.

We used one at a Summerfest comparing various truckmounts and their claims. One factory demo truck was scamming by running 2 units through one waste tank.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It would be nice to see some results from 11/2 and 2inch tools as well increase/decrease in wand velocity. Maybe see if claimed truck/portable performance matches up with real world

Reactions: vibra-vacster

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Last edited:

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
As long as it is consistent. Looking forward to seeing the results. It might impact some peoples truckmount purchase decisions.

Reactions: Kevin B

Able 1

Name
Keith
Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
These type of flowmeters are fine for comparisons, but not too great for absolute readings (for CC applications). The scale is only accurate at 90 psi pressure, you must apply a correction factor for other pressures (and the table only goes down to 10 psi - what factor does one use for vacuum service?). Also, they introduce significant pressure drop of their own, so the act of inserting the flowmeter alters the actual flow. Add to that the meter is calibrated in SCFM but blowers are measured using ACFM. Measuring airflow is a slippery slope....
Omega1.jpg

Omega2.jpg

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dan;
As a user of several flowmeters, I did question the pressure drop spec and pressure deratings.

However, when I checked it against my more accurate sapphire-bearing 0-20ma industrial flowmeter, I found good accuracy and minimal effect of pressure drop.

My new model will also be calibrated before I do any further testing.

Thanks for your concern.

Mikey P

Administrator
This is the wand Tony Dang is bringing and donating to the raffle..

12418931_1685703938347139_8933251094385371630_o.jpg

Other than a larger opening behind the glide, I don't see anything real special indicating above average airflow

Plumbing sure looks clean but most likely needs half in extenders to get the spray around the vac tube

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom