Cha Cha Chavez !@?*&

Mikey P

Administrator
-Were you conceived in the back room of Chavez Restoration?

-How old were you when your ol'Man put you to work?

-Have you and your brother always been "equals" in the business?

-Please describe your average summer day and winter day at Chavez Restoration.

-What percentage of your employees are lifers who own their homes, save for retirement and take vacations?

-How long did it take your wife to use your F.A.R.T t shirt to wash her car?

-Please list the 3 biggest mistakes management has made at CR since day one.

-Please list all the services CR provides and how they break down percentage wise?

-If I could get Chucky to send you some of his roofies would you use a few to help with your flight out to MF9?

-Luddy?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Were you conceived in the back room of Chavez Restoration?
I’m a test tube baby, my dad mixed a little Orvis soap and Streets Picrin together and here I is.

-How old were you when your ol'Man put you to work?
Too young to be able to get away from him. I pre-vacuumed edges while he pile lifted, then vacuumed up shampoo after him and fetched water. Age 12

-Have you and your brother always been "equals" in the business?
No actually when he was in high school and college I was the big dog.
Now I just give up, that dude takes arguing to another level, he could be a profession! LOL

-Please describe your average summer day and winter day at Chavez Restoration.
Summer days start like a cat with its tail on fire. Carpet, area rugs and upholstery move to the top of the pecking order for a few months. Summers are rough, when you combine commercial carpet cleaning and restoration work. Guys bitch about too many hours.

Winter not nearly as frantic.
The same guys that bitched about too many hours now bitch about too few. Yet don't want to work weekends to get there hours.
A truck or two out cleaning carpet but the majority of people are working fire or water. Winter has its spikes the majority of the company may work water for a week straight or fire for several days in a row.

-What percentage of your employees are lifers who own their homes, save for retirement and take vacations?

40%, the rest are young guys that may be here from 1-3 years, we tried SEP plans , but the young guys just with drew their money basically wasting the matching money we put in for them., now we just give a year end bonus. Almost all take paid vacations.

-How long did it take your wife to use your F.A.R.T t shirt to wash her car?
I only wore it so Mike could take a picture of me with it on. It never made it home. I gave it to big John G. when he was passing through. Had I known Luddy wanted one so bad I would have got another from Mike.

-Please list the 3 biggest mistakes management has made at CR since day one.
(1.) Not letting go, thinking that no one can do as good as we can. Dan call’s it the carpet cleaner mentality, “NO ONE CAN CLEAN AS GOOD AS I CAN”, anyone who has ever slung a wand suffers from it. I know I still do, I still think I can out clean those guys.

I still remember when either Dan or I did every water loss, now it’s rare that either of us set foot on one unless there is a concern or it’s large and we just want to see what’s up.

(2.) Hiring Family, while they can be your biggest ally, they can also be hard to get rid of when they don’t perform or have a feeling of entitlement. Family events can be a little uncomfortable, but it doesn’t bother me much, I know I never fired anyone that didn’t deserve it.

(3.) Apathy, after growing your business for many years you hit a comfort zone. You’re making enough to cover everything and you get complacent and think the work will come in with out effort. The last 2-years we have found we have to work hard to keep the work rolling in.

-Please list all the services CR provides and how they break down percentage wise?
Fire 39.9
Water 39.1
Carpet 13.4
Sewage 1.9
Upholstery 1.9
Area Rugs 1.8
Air Ducts 1.0
Miscellaneous (Mold, Soda Blasting, vandalism)

As you see if we add Fire, Water and Sewage together that’s 80.9 % restoration work.

-If I could get Chucky to send you some of his roofies would you use a few to help with your flight out to MF9?
Man, I don’t know Chucky has some wicked chit, and I hate flying.

-Luddy?
I don’t know, he was the first to pick on me about the Bears, he just kind of grew on me, sorta like crotch rot! :p

harryhides

Name
Tony
RCTPKS said:
[
-Luddy?
I don’t know, he was the first to pick on me about the Bears, he just kind of grew on me, sorta like crotch rot! :p

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew, now I actually feel sorry for Luddy.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
How long have you had crotch rot growing on you Chavez? BTW nice pickup by those Bears of yours, let's bring on a coach that went WINLESS to help run our team! :roll:

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Chavez handles all kinds of water damage even crotch rot.

Chavez is a alright dude. I like to call and bother him while he is at work. I just love hearing Spanish with a lisp.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Got to agree with Hoody. Chavez bought be a few beers in Houston last year, oh wait that was his brother Dan!! :lol: Will say though I have never met Richard in person, but he did send me a Championship Jayhawk shirt last April. Always tell people that it came from a friend that I haven't met yet!! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom