Chair scratches on vct

Discussion in 'Hard Surface Hub' started by Lyman, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Lyman
    Lyman

Supportive Member

Name:
    Lyman
    I have a strip-n-wax coming up. The receptionist area has scratches under the chair into the tile . Black pad does nothing, is there a way to make this look better with out a new floor.
  2. Andy
    Andy

Name:
    Andrew
    When you strip it the dirt should come out of the scratches. If you apply enough finish they will fill back in. VCT is the same all the way through so if you can get the dirt out of the scratches you should be fine. (Of course it does depend on how deep the scratches are).
    Mikey P likes this.
  3. Bruce Humphrey
    Bruce Humphrey

Name:
    Bruce
    Pictures would be nice , anywhere I've ever did wax on VCT and they have office chairs on it , the cheap plastic wheels chew through the wax real fast and starts wearing on the tile. I had a teacher complain last year about not having enough wax under her chair , this year I put 10 layers of wax behind her desk , she already chewed through it. I'm sure she will tell me I need better wax.
  4. Lyman
    Lyman

Supportive Member

Name:
    Lyman
    The scratches are pretty deep. A three foot circle looks like crap. Almost looks like it needs to be sanded smooth some how.
  5. KevinD
    KevinD

Name:
    Kevin Dumas
    Refinish the floor the best you can and tell em to put down a chair mat for hard surfaces which should have been done from the beginning.
    rider0992, Old Coastie and Jimmy L like this.
  6. rider0992
    rider0992

Name:
    Kenny Hayes
    They’re the same all over. The chair just grinds in a circle 8 hrs. a day with on the wheels. Stripper and a stripping pad WILL get in out. Don’t mean it’s still
    not ground down cause it is. Worse case scenario, put a coat of sealer then finish.
  7. Matt B
    Matt B

Name:
    Matt Briseno
    Call me. 256.767.2880
    @laman