Cheap Startup

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
there are guys that have been cleaning for years that are still clueless mOOks
Can't tell the difference when a hose is full of foam, can't tell the difference in 200 ft of hose piled in a jumbled clusterfook* out side the door compared to 75ft

*too clueless to also realize why piling it in a jumbled clusterfook out side the door also makes their wrap up more difficult

can't tell when a jet is fouled streaking the carpet
some won't even realize there's no solution AT ALL going thru the wand

Derrek, you might not be a clueless mOOk after all , but you'll be at a disadvantage if your hearing impairment is severe/profound

the sharp guys get to know the "sounds" of the machine(s) and wand/tools.
Many can tell when there's a single popcorn kernel stuck in the wand lips (if I can, I'm sure others do as well)
same for solution pressure going up or down by sound the jets make

if your hearing lose is severe/profound, you'll have to rely more on the other senses.
Mostly touch/feel and sight to avoid being a clueless mOOk once you get past the "rookie" stage

..L.T.A.
Yeah i am almost 100% deaf.. 100% total loss on left ear and 85%-90% on right ear ever since i was 15 mos old. Its a nerve damage from sustained fever at 105 degrees

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Yeah i am almost 100% deaf.. 100% total loss on left ear and 85%-90% on right ear ever since i was 15 mos old. Its a nerve damage from sustained fever at 105 degrees

damn
how do you communicate with/listen to custys needs/wants?
and are you able to speak normal? (or at least as "normal" as Lou Ferrigno)

..L.T.A.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
damn
how do you communicate with/listen to custys needs/wants?
and are you able to speak normal? (or at least as "normal" as Lou Ferrigno)

..L.T.A.
Well lou definitely hears a lot more than I do and can communicate via telephone and etc. I cannot. However, I am exceptional in speech reading. I rely on my wife for any calls for the business and my mother helps out with it. Usually my wife will go with me to interpet in sign language. Fortunately for me, I deal with patient customers... Not always.. Some can be very rude and condescending when I am out in field alone. For communication, I can speak well, but I do resort to letter writing as well if I cannot understand the customer. I will papers to write out the bid, usually three optional packages for carpet cleaning so that they can choose for me to clean and pay me when I am done. I just do my best..

Mikey P

Administrator
I've worked with Derrick twice now, and again next week.

He's a sharp guy. He'll be fine.

But may need to clean barefoot for a while.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Dont get me wrong, my tale is not a tale of woe...im a hardass that will work hard and I seize opportunities, and i have very little tolerance for people bullshit when theyre problematic to me...but! I do appreciate people help and I take it when it is offered. I love helping people out too. Like Mike says, ill be fine.. Hehe..

Last edited:
Reactions: HWEOnly

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Lar ... your year long pity party didn't do a thing to solve your pissy attitude.

Idiot

Worse than ever actually.
we're overwhelmed/buried with work.
Canned 6 of the 10 guys I added in the last two months
Gave a 7th a week off this week for attendance problems
and have to wear MY tools 12-14 hours a day just to try keep up.
and it's fooking hot and humid...high 80s/low 90s all week

I'm one crabby sumbitch:icon_twisted:

I made an inept Home Depot manager cry last week for being stoopit and incredibly incompetent

but I do buy all the counter kids at the Subway sandwich shop I frequent a cookie every time

so I can be a nice azzhole too

you miserable pr1ck

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Like Mike says, ill be fine.. Hehe..

You have BigFoot as a mentor.
don't get much better than that

psst...show him it's in his intere$t to modify his semi-retired boutique biz plan to buy another truck and put you on the road full time.
Whole lot easier and less headache than doing your own OneManShow
and very likely just as much net income ...if not MORE

..L.T.A.

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Lar ... your year long pity party didn't do a thing to solve your pissy attitude.
Idiot

Looooooooooool, says the fellow ending just about every post in "idiot"... Many times justified(like responding to Richard:biggrin:), still not very nice.

Well lou definitely hears a lot more than I do and can communicate via telephone and etc. I cannot. However, I am exceptional in speech reading. I rely on my wife for any calls for the business and my mother helps out with it. Usually my wife will go with me to interpet in sign language. Fortunately for me, I deal with patient customers... Not always.. Some can be very rude and condescending when I am out in field alone. For communication, I can speak well, but I do resort to letter writing as well if I cannot understand the customer. I will papers to write out the bid, usually three optional packages for carpet cleaning so that they can choose for me to clean and pay me when I am done. I just do my best..

Good for you, Derrick! Gotta do what ya gotta do...

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My wife says I am deaf and............ dumb.

Ricky thinks so too.

Reactions: DAT

Mark Von*Lay

Name
Mark
Here's my take Rotovac Cfx ranger 1200 psi...15 wast auto pump out auto fill 24 gallons it's modular won't kill ya going to 4 th floor fresh tank Ranger is a little bit of a bitch but nothing forearm straps won't fix a Mytee air hog for a booster and Lint hog built in plus gives you a backup pump out you can run this off the Mytee dryer adapter and if you need a couple more 20 amp plugs you can find them in the home....a trailer to me is the way ,,you can drop and lock a trailer and then the truck is your advertised personal.....a Mytee turbo heater.for when you want just electric ..you will get use to it....little giant propane heater in trailer.you can get ...a couple BE-9000 gens ...steambrite sells them 700 bucks gives you around 118 amps or an ez tankless portable propane heater installed on a dolly...this will put 125 degree heat in a the ranger and fires off 2 d cell batteries and the turbo heater will ramp it up to 190 no sweat....don't go over 140 in ranger I never go over 125 degrees a T,Rex or 360 i...descent wand if you don't have a trailer there are a shitload of good used ones out there...patiently look......this sounds like a ton of crap....however you can do all this depending on location for 11 grand or less.....and the electric motors are cheap if you need to replace....get a seal a door...details details details. Lease the gear under your biz name of course it will be insured....don't lose your ass. You get rockin and customers then truck mount promise land....just my opinion...after truckmount and you still have a well maintained hi power portable gear....you can do anything...and you can use the airhog and hot turbo to clean your fine furniture. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: knapster

knapster

Name
Ray
Here's my take Rotovac Cfx ranger 1200 psi...15 wast auto pump out auto fill 24 gallons it's modular won't kill ya going to 4 th floor fresh tank Ranger is a little bit of a bitch but nothing forearm straps won't fix a Mytee air hog for a booster and Lint hog built in plus gives you a backup pump out you can run this off the Mytee dryer adapter and if you need a couple more 20 amp plugs you can find them in the home....a trailer to me is the way ,,you can drop and lock a trailer and then the truck is your advertised personal.....a Mytee turbo heater.for when you want just electric ..you will get use to it....little giant propane heater in trailer.you can get ...a couple BE-9000 gens ...steambrite sells them 700 bucks gives you around 118 amps or an ez tankless portable propane heater installed on a dolly...this will put 125 degree heat in a the ranger and fires off 2 d cell batteries and the turbo heater will ramp it up to 190 no sweat....don't go over 140 in ranger I never go over 125 degrees a T,Rex or 360 i...descent wand if you don't have a trailer there are a shitload of good used ones out there...patiently look......this sounds like a ton of crap....however you can do all this depending on location for 11 grand or less.....and the electric motors are cheap if you need to replace....get a seal a door...details details details. Lease the gear under your biz name of course it will be insured....don't lose your ass. You get rockin and customers then truck mount promise land....just my opinion...after truckmount and you still have a well maintained hi power portable gear....you can do anything...and you can use the airhog and hot turbo to clean your fine furniture. Best of luck to you.
Thanks Mark. Any experience on a PEX500 or NinjaWarrior? Seems those and the Ranger are all priced similarly so maybe I'm comparing apples to apples other than service availability in my area. Great feedback!

I'm considering learning the ropes on porty, as I wouldn't be able to afford a "gently abused" TM AND a porty all at once. If I don't already own a porty then I would be limiting my options as far as apartments/condos and possibly other situations where TM hoses are not an option.

Reactions: Mark Von*Lay

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Thsts why i got prospector 500 psi 2-3stage vac from jon don. It is nice. I will probably add another fan on it for more lift.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Do you use a heat booster?
It has a inline 2000 watt heater... If you start withh 120 degree water in tank, it will get hotter 170 to 190, maybe 200 degrees using the wand depending on flow and psi. If you use it in sustained manner like the 360i, it will be around 150 to 170 unless you emphasize dry passes which allow the water get hot again. Keep in mind that fluids over 150 degrees plenty hot and suffucient for cleaning many situations. I utilize the chemical dwell time and the CRB a lot with my portable.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Keep in mind that when i started the carpet cleaing 4 mos ago, i ask a lot of questions just like you are doing.. Then I went and bought it all within 2 weeks and started right away. No regrets so far..

Mark Von*Lay

Name
Mark
Thanks Mark. Any experience on a PEX500 or NinjaWarrior? Seems those and the Ranger are all priced similarly so maybe I'm comparing apples to apples other than service availability in my area. Great feedback!

I'm considering learning the ropes on porty, as I wouldn't be able to afford a "gently abused" TM AND a porty all at once. If I don't already own a porty then I would be limiting my options as far as apartments/condos and possibly other situations where TM hoses are not an option.
I've heard they are decent....no personal experience though.....I love the Mytee etm too.....but the thing about the Cfx ranger is it's a modular system won't break your back and when hooked to the airhog will really suck the water up its good by itself as well 3'stage vacs not the 2 stage I personally just think unless you got deep pockets.....start with the high power portable gear....when I'm personally ready for a truckmount I want reliability....my opinion I like Judson something goes down it's an easy fix.....but I also like Hydramaster ( I'm a Doyle Bloss and Steve Poulos fan..those dudes are bad ass, )Sapphire and masterblend.....Im always checking out the different units....hell Butlers lease deal is great...Mark Saiger has a ton of info vids on butler anything and everything .those units seem like the rolls Royce of the industry for a PTO..( power take off)..but your a long way from Massachusetts.Im enjoying the PORTABLE Equipment....got heat ...got reliability ...plenty of cfm and lift....maintenance is cheap....is it a bit more work HELL YES....BUT I don't mind and you will be surprised how fast u get with set up and load out....it will become auto pilot if you chose to go that route....bottom line get what you can afford.....most portys with at least 500 psi and duel 3 stage vacs will get you started there are a ton of details man...a ton once you get past gear...Nautilus is a great portable as well there are different models...I never stop studying the vets and industry pros....learn all you can take notes. ... but then study your carpet types....like don't put a 13 ph on a wool rug ..etc...I studied hard for a year before I pulled the trigger and still do everyday..and the guys on this board are the best..ITS BEEN SAID a solid business plan...you don't have to spend a ton of cash...IT takes some old school hustle.....DISCLAIMER::::: this is only my opinion if you choose to act on any part of said opinion...you do so at your own risk... and that is all carry on :icon_rolleyes:

knapster

Name
Ray
I've heard they are decent....no personal experience though.....I love the Mytee etm too.....but the thing about the Cfx ranger is it's a modular system won't break your back and when hooked to the airhog will really suck the water up its good by itself as well 3'stage vacs not the 2 stage I personally just think unless you got deep pockets.....start with the high power portable gear....when I'm personally ready for a truckmount I want reliability....my opinion I like Judson something goes down it's an easy fix.....but I also like Hydramaster ( I'm a Doyle Bloss and Steve Poulos fan..those dudes are bad ass, )Sapphire and masterblend.....Im always checking out the different units....hell Butlers lease deal is great...Mark Saiger has a ton of info vids on butler anything and everything .those units seem like the rolls Royce of the industry for a PTO..( power take off)..but your a long way from Massachusetts.Im enjoying the PORTABLE Equipment....got heat ...got reliability ...plenty of cfm and lift....maintenance is cheap....is it a bit more work HELL YES....BUT I don't mind and you will be surprised how fast u get with set up and load out....it will become auto pilot if you chose to go that route....bottom line get what you can afford.....most portys with at least 500 psi and duel 3 stage vacs will get you started there are a ton of details man...a ton once you get past gear...Nautilus is a great portable as well there are different models...I never stop studying the vets and industry pros....learn all you can take notes. ... but then study your carpet types....like don't put a 13 ph on a wool rug ..etc...I studied hard for a year before I pulled the trigger and still do everyday..and the guys on this board are the best..ITS BEEN SAID a solid business plan...you don't have to spend a ton of cash...IT takes some old school hustle.....DISCLAIMER::::: this is only my opinion if you choose to act on any part of said opinion...you do so at your own risk... and that is all carry on :icon_rolleyes:
Same story for me too...study hard and dont stop.
Thanks guys, this is great stuff!
Next Certification class closest to me is in Sept. Am looking forward to checking that out. I know there are many variables but at least I understand the construction and materials of carpet and other surfaces... figure that should help me later with chemical recipes, flow rates etc...

Reactions: Mark Von*Lay

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom