Name
Larry Cobb
This one might require some creative thinking:
fab2cb1a37df140ab01d5723ca7809bf_large.jpg

Lower floor filled with ice !

Larry

TimP

Re: Anybody want a Water DamageJob

The good news is that there is no immediate reason to rush into that job....mitigation is taken care of for sure.

TimP

I know a sham wow is awesome and all.....but how does a sham wow turn ice into water?

Did they forget to put that feature in the commercial.

G

Man t hat job will definently require a shop heater to melt :lol: ; good luck!!

R

rotovacguy

Dang.... Someone's got some 'splaining to do!

That had to be the ultimate kodak moment as the owner pulled up to the house. The look on their face must've been priceless. :lol:

Where was this from?

-JB-

Name
JB
....but how does a sham wow turn ice into water?

yeah, but the Germans, and Germans ALWAYS make good stuff! :shock: Well 'cpt for that lil "Hitler" thing. :roll:

Greenie

Not being a WDR guy, AND being a Cali native, how in the hell did the water back up to the windows? Why wouldn't it have flowed out under the doors,and every roach crack 3" off the ground?

I know someone will say IT DID...til it froze and backed up...but c'mon, that MOVING water would have just kept flowing...no?

What was it a 2" main that blew? hard to imagine a sink left on, etc...

Greenie

Well....good point, if the house got to 0Âş and then the pipe burst.....maybe the freeze could keep up with the flow rate, one inch of ice at a time, foot by foot. :shock:

I am wonderin' with ice expansion wall to wall, why haven't the walls burst yet?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I think it would be funny as hell to see the owners face when they found that. Not because of the damage just from the shock of haveing a house full of ice

Greenie

I see this almost every year. Funny thing is there is no ice inside. The water seeps out along a window frame or floor and begins to form a small icicle and it just keeps growing. 3 years ago I had one that was about 18' in diameter and about 25' long water ran for 1 week.

That was a cool job.

Cameron1

ODIN said:
why don't you give us a class and quiz on how to, like you do on ICS

your not even certifiable and your tes is repossessed

Damn.............say it ain't so

HydroDude

Name
JB
Here's one I did few years ago...this is the 2nd floor bath...leak was on the 3rd floor 8) look mid picture you can see icy tower come from light ...drained straight into clawfoot tub filling it, then onto the floor and down the stairs :roll:

DSC00020.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We got one last night that you would not believe all the personal content (she has a spending problem but dealing with it she told us) Anyway, in the day light, we found another leak that went into the garage (also full of stuff). She had just enough room around her stuff to park her car. Her car is now in about a 1 foot thick ice block. We start defrosting tomorrow after the adjuster arrives.

Last week, I had an 8 inch ice block in a homes crawl space and ice all over in the house. Took 4 days and an E-Tes feeding into the crawl space to thaw it out. Job will be totally dry as of tomorrow. Took 4 days to get ice out and another 11 days to dry all of the structure. Huge house! (Layers of flooring had to be dryed and all coverd with asbestos 9 inch tiles which can't remove here). Hard to explain in this post everything in this house, but a crazy dry down.

Mark Saiger

R

R W

We see a lot of these jobs here in wonderful, cold, NE Ohio. In a lot of cases, these properties belong to "Snowbirds"....people who live up North for 3 seasons, then head to Florida for the Winter. Trouble is, they set their furnace thermostats at 45*, thinking it will keep the whole house warm enough NOT to freeze up. Well, with wind chills in the -30 range, it sucks the heat right out of these places, and before long, there go the pipes. Or maybe the power shuts off for a few hours, and the furnace shuts down. I just got back from a condo job where the unit we were extracting was flooded by the neighboring unit that had a burst pipe. Neighbor has been out of town for 2 weeks, and a pipe had burst. No access into this unit, but got the water turned off to that unit. I can imagine what the locked unit looks like.

We'll get more starting this week. Weather is warming up, and rain is expected on Friday, on top of the 18-20 inches of snow already on the ground and on the roofs.

Ah....WD.....good for some......bad for others.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom