Chem Draw Question

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
So you have your draw set a 2, work awhile go out to truck and the ball has dropped to 1 or 0, why?

Also, what causes the usage in the rinse jug to increase drastically when you go from your floor tool to a stair tool or uph tool?

It seems I use more chem when cleaning stairs with a single jet compared to cleaning 4 rooms with a 5 jet wand.

Curious.

100_0261-1.jpg

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Re: chem meter draw

Mikey P said:
siphon or chem pump system?

Don't exactly know the difference, but it comes from the jug and into the water pump, via the meter.

I'll take a pic of the setup tomorrow.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

the chem pump has a bad valve in it and need rebuilt......do you shut off the pump when you clean tile.....

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

Nate The Great said:
Alittle off topic, but where can you get a 0-5 chem meter?

Nate;

We have the 0-5 GPH flowmeters ...
with the required stainless steel metering valves and fittings.

Larry

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Re: chem meter draw UPDATE 12-11-09 with pic

This is interesting, I would love to know the answer. Nobody here has an explanation?

Greenie

I just favor the 0-10 meters, no 0-5 draws well at 1, I'd much rather mix a lighter stock and run at 3gph on a 0-10, just more uniform.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

Mines the same way, it only moves when you key the wand. so when the techs cleaning i adjust it

Name
Bill Soukoreff

Greenie said:
I just favor the 0-10 meters, no 0-5 draws well at 1, I'd much rather mix a lighter stock and run at 3gph on a 0-10, just more uniform.

I have the 0-10 and it draws perfect.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp

Larry Cobb said:
[quote="Nate The Great":foftocmh]Alittle off topic, but where can you get a 0-5 chem meter?

Nate;

Larry[/quote:foftocmh]

JHC Larry, I didn't put up the post for you to sell something. Either help with the question or GTFO. It gets really tiring of all the so called gurus on this board and no one can answer this question.

Hell Brevick, Judson, and Vawter told me how to build the setup and they don't even know the answer. :evil:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Siphon Chem Draw

I was reading this and no one had posted an answer yet.

I had the same type of chemical system on a Steam Genie. We were able to regulate the amount of chemical by the meter, as well as the water valve. The water valve controled how much water flow to the pump, the chemical would siphon directly from the inlet to the machine.

When I cleaned stairs I would have to go back out to the van with my stair tool and reset the amount of chemical I wanted with the WATER VALVE. Opening the valve DECREASED my amount of chemical.

You're using MORE water when using your carpet wand vs your stair tool. Since the water is not evacuating the machine as quickly, your machine is actually drawing the same rate as before. But with the slower evacuation of water with the stair tool, it does increase the amount of chemical/water ratio. What it'll do instead of taking in mostly water, it takes in more chemical. So as I stated before, you have to OPEN the WATER VALVE to increase the amount of water coming in, and it will "decrease" the amount of chemical you're drawing, simply adds more water to the chem/water ratio.

That is one flaw to the siphon system. Not to mention that the chemical is coming in first, than getting pressurized by the cat pump, and then running through any heaters that you may have. If you're running a junk emulsifier/rinse it'll gum the heck out of your machine. Been there, done that.

With LAST STEP chemical injection, the water gets pressurized, heated, and then chemical thrown in right before it gets sent out to the tool you're using.

Hope this made sense and helped.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

vincent said:
Larry Cobb said:
[quote="Nate The Great":2oesuwqf]Alittle off topic, but where can you get a 0-5 chem meter?

Nate;

Larry

JHC Larry, I didn't put up the post for you to sell something. Either help with the question or GTFO. It gets really tiring of all the so called gurus on this board and no one can answer this question.

Hell Brevick, Judson, and Vawter told me how to build the setup and they don't even know the answer. :evil:[/quote:2oesuwqf]
yor footvalve is malfunctionin'...
usually debris caught in the little spring

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom