Chem dry review in my town

Greg Loe

"These guys are scam artisits! An appointment for Chem Dry to come to my house
was made by their representative. She told me that she needed my credit card to
secure an appointment in the amount of $100 and the card would be charged if I
cancelled or rescheduled the appointment after a certain date, which I did not.
She also gave me a phone quote of $198.05 to clean my carpets and $50 to spot
clean 4 spots which I specifically wanted cleaned, totalling less than $250.00.
Then a male representative came ,at the appointed time, and proceeded to tell me
that the actual cost to clean my carpets was going to be almost $380.00, which I
could not afford. He said that the extra cost was due to the many spots that needed
to be cleaned, but were not actually visible. He was using a black light to show spots
not visible to the regular eye. I told him that I just wanted the carpets to be cleaned
and to only treat the spots I originally spoke to the phone rep. about and that were
visible without the black light. At this time he began to get extemely rude and said
that he would not just treat the spots I wanted. He said I had to do all of the spots
in the whole house or he would not do anything at all! He then said he would charge
my credit card $100 if I refused to agree to allow him to do this work. At no point was
I ever informed that in giving my credit card to them to hold an appointment, was I also
allowing them to charge my card should I not decide to do business with them. No one
in their right mind would do this. He then proceeded to argue, bully and pressure me into
giving him almost $380! After he was way past the point of horribly rude, I asked him to
leave my home and that I would be contacting my credit card company of his dishonest
company practices. I have to say, I have never in my life invited someone into my home
and been treated so horribly rude. I have had many people, representing their companies,
come into my home and every single instance was very enjoyable, except for this.
This company is scamming people by taking their credit cards to "hold their appointments"
and then showing up to give some bogus and unfair estimate. Then they threaten to charge
your credit card $100 if you do not do business with them and just give in to their ridiculous
prices. I urge the person reading this to be extremely careful in dealing with this company.
Chem Dry has a full page ad in the phone book for this area and are very inviting to do
business with. I feel if this company is not dealt with harshly, many of the people in this
little community will be taken advantage of and treated poorly."

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I used to work for SS. We were paid on commission so, allot of the guys where about adding on to the ticket and giving it the old spash and dash. I think the market is shrinking for the franchises because superior service offered by independent companies. I try to never use a franchise anywhere in the service sector. You’ll always get a better deal from the guy who depends on a good name to stay in business.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
That is a quote from a local paper, web-site, or possibly one of his relatives or clients gave him that testimonial.

That is my perception.

Please correct me if I'm wrong there Greg...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
When I was with Chem-Dry I never was that rude. They new the prices were too high BEFORE I got there. The full page ad should have been a clue.
Everyone is independently owned and operated so you never know who or what you are going to get.

With that said, still a crappy carpet cleaning service.

When it first came out years and years ago it was a good alternative to the flood and extract "cleaners" that ruined crappy made carpets. It was also the start of something that became better with other companies.

Now that The Home Depot Owns The Chem-Dry Franchises it is even more the "McDonalds" of carpet cleaning...except for the high prices.

Greenie

The dark little side of me still says people that act like sheep and call full page ads, get what they deserve, same goes for the guy who buys carpet on a 1 yr. same as cash Empire Ad, "we come out the next day", so let me get this straight, I don't pay any interest, you will have it down the next day, and I get quality textile, all for a price that is too good to be true?

Sign me up.

What pisses me off the most is when it's family that falls for this stuff, knowing damn well, one phone call and they could avoid all that.

Greg Loe

This was from the local internet yellow pages. She is one of my customers. She called another cleaner because she needed a last minute cleaning and I was out of town. She had company coming in for the weekend.

It's not that it's just a chem dry guy, it's that a bad guy doing this. Nothing has been done to this guy. He rips off elderly. Hes been turned in, but nothing happens.??

Dolly

That is horrible that this can be going on.

Must be desperate

I just learned that The Chem-Dry Franchise I ran and Robert beets beat me out of , He tanked it, sold it and the nice man who bought it, a man I met , said he has all he can do to keep one truck every day working.

He did not know about it's history. He hopes he can turn it around.

To think when I had it and had 7 trucks running full time all the time with little down time but on occasion to one truck hardly making it.

Another law suite posed against me, but thinkfully the party sueing me is persueing them first to see if the court will make them take the responsibility for a debt they agreed to pay, but have tried to get out of like all the other agreements they made.

Interesting too, how with all the arrogance and raising the pricing to a company I had a fine reputation with how they screwed themselves. They told them they no longer wanted to do business because they did not want to take on jobs for water extraction, there was not enough money in it for them. " Funny" for many years I always thought there was. In fact due to the business of extracting water for them, I in turn gained many new and loyal customers from that.

That was when I had the Steam Action Stealth as He did too to use and that was one of the main reason we were call upon..........the 300 gallon take, the power of the machine that helped them dry quicker because the water extractions were awesome.

The next day after Beets turned them away, a $250,000 water extraction job came through and they called someone else.

Yea, they screwed themselves, big time. Sure wish I had still been there, I could have retired on that one job.

I know this for a fact because my son works for that company and he told me about it.

Many good people with Chem-Dry are seeking ways to drop out and some bad apples that follow the mind set of the big shots up there use unscrupuleous ways to gain business.

I am so glad, thankful to God I no longer have to answer my Phone, Chem-Dry of Bexar County, how may I help you...............Yea............I am glad to be out from under them.

I just love being Simply Immaculate by Darlene. I don't have to say may I................and many here are just as glad too...............

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
Chemdry in my town is run by a successful owner operator. I get a few tile and grout jobs along with stripping and waxing jobs referred by him. We have even been on the same commercial job at the same time. Me doing hard surfaces and he cleaning the carpets. I guess it is like any other franchise in that the individual owner makes the difference. The best part is I don't see him doing any of the shady corporate marketing.

MikeD00019

I hear ALOT more bad than good. Which I don't mind it, usually when I hear the horror story I'm cleaning there carpet. But people like that ruin the trust and they are very hesitant to call anyone after that BS.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Matt Murdock said:
I just saw palladin logged on. Here it comes

I knew it. With him here, it makes me wonder why there hasn't been some pre-paid legal outfit shilling on the boards. With that sue happy nitwit a good pre-paid legal salesman could make more money than a chem shiller on this board.

Now I gotta call my attorney and have him proof-read my posts.

:roll:

Dolly

You have no idea how much I would like to vent.........but I promised Ivan I would behave myself................. :wink:

Mike Draper

Chem-Dry Corporate headquarters is in my town,Bob Harris lives here to. Pretty much they have the worst reputation in my town for carpet cleaning ( in my opinion ). Lets just put it this way. I don't ask custy's anything about other cleaners, I don't care and don't want to know. People go out of their way to complain about their experience with chem-dry on a weekly basis with me.

Scott

Dolly said:
You have no idea how much I would like to vent.........but I promised Ivan I would behave myself................. :wink:

It hasn't been 30 days yet has it?

Dolly

Well...........it has been about 4 or more month's so who's counting.

I know I have been a good girl.............

I don't want to let Ivan down......... :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom