chem pump problem

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
it was running at 4-5 gph even when the trigger wasn't pulled. i pulled the solution check valve and cleaned off some debri from the teflon seat. i replaced it and the o-ring just for good measure. it quit flowing but now the flow ball will only stay up for a second when you first adjust it. then it sinks to the bottom. i'm pretty sure the solution is still flowing but i'm not sure at what level. if you adjust it all the way to ten then it will work normally. i'm missing something but can't figure it out.

gene

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Check all the hoses for leaks or cracks. It could be sucking some air. This has always been the problem I have found after I cleaned everything.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i always check for air leaks by watching the flow meter after sitting for air at the top. Am i wrong that an air leak will always show up at the top the flow meter ? :roll:

gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
there is no air leak that can be found and i don't see any air in the site tube. if you adjust it to ten it works just fine below that and it bounces all over the place like a jumping jack. it looks like a check valve is sticking but i can't find one that is and don't know where else to look. monday it will get run hard and maybe whatever it is will fix itself. :lol: if i can't fix it then i'll just add to my 200 gal tank until i can.

gene

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
They way you describe it drawing solution when there no flow sounds like it is bleeding back to the waste tank. Do you have a 3 way ball valve (On/Off/Prime)? If so, it may be misaligned or defective.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Gene I have had that happen occasionally, I made me a open hose to get hot water for mixing powders and I will put that on my solution line and run a couple of minutes always takes care of the problem. Just take a piece of hose about a foot long put a 1/4" QC in it if you don't already have one problem solved.

Name
R.J. Povio
We had that problem on our BlueLine Champ. It would and then would not draw soap. Check and replace the diaphragm. Its the black rubber piece that seats in on top of the teflon circle that has square etched in it. Our black rubber diaphragm had a hole in it. Its not supposed to have a hole in it. I was told they go bad around 2000 to 3000 hours. The part is about 10 bucks.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i already replaced the diaphram and the teflon in the chem pump plus yes i have the line to fill tanks but it doesn't fix the problem. it still doesn't want to feed unless set pretty high. when you try to set it at 4-5 it sinks back down and then doesn't come up again on the next trigger.. here is what it does,
runs fine at 9 or above but not below , when the machine bypasses so does the chemical ( not supposed to ) . the float will jump quite a bit like a valve is opening or closing quickly. i did originally find an oring in the solution check valve which fixed one problem but still have the others.
if a check valve in the pump wasn't working properly what would it do? why would bypassing water cause it to flow chem, never did before?
ideas please

gene

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
If you have the 3 way valve on that check it for cracks on the back. I had one with a small crack. Mine didn't leak at first but the injection would stop working and then if you turned it up or prime it and it work for for a minute or two and then stop. After a week of this a drip started coming out of it.

I had replaced everythig like you have to.
I was ready to rip it out and put the judson injection system in.

S

sam miller

Louis said:
Check all the hoses for leaks or cracks. It could be sucking some air. This has always been the problem I have found after I cleaned everything.

Agree!

It could be the three way valve or check valves its a process of elimination and usually its the last thing You fix not the first!

I hate these thing its the one thing I always have to dick with.

Goodluck let us know what fix's it I have seen runnnig in high speed do it hope its not your Acculmulator!

Anyone else using the new $40.00 hose that works Like an accumulator it actually works!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the accumulator is shot but that has happen before and never caused this problem. i guess it could cause the erratic behavior of float but not the lack of flow. when i get a chance i'll check to make sure none of the brass has worn thru and is leaking. the last time i had a problem with it that's what it was.

gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
replaced dampener tonight and it didn't fix problem. i pulled the chem pump off and took it completely apart. one valve body was completely destroyed and the other one fell apart when i pushed it back in.. luckily i had the two old ones and put them in. problem fixed yea. tomorrow i will stop by my dealer and get two new ones with oring. 8) 8) 8)

gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
yes i primed the pump manually but would't hold a prime, the problem was the check valves were bad. it works fine now except the dwyer has a crack in it. working but i'm sure the crack will spread. i just bypassed it for now, but everything works.

gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
once i installed the new dwyer from John i noticed that it flows a small amount even when it shouldn't. i also noticed that when it bypassed the flow would spike. the solution check vavle is stainless but it seats in brass. the o-ring wasn't sealing because the brass is getting eaten away. i jammed a larger one in and now it's fine.. i wonder what that brass manifold costs ?

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom