Chem question

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I am buying a new home with a large shop. Our local distributor may be going out of business. I do not want to become a distributor of all things carpet cleaning i was thinking about selling a small chem line or two out of my shop for the local guys. I wouldn't want a big name chem line like CTI or Bridgepoint.
What are some really good chem brands that aren't the big name brands most know of?
Harvard comes to mind.

What are the pros and cons of doing This?

If I did it, I wouldn't have normal hours for chem pick up. I would want the local guys to call first. Very casual.

What do you think?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Oh-- you weasel-- you only want to sell low grade stuff to the competition while you use the good stuff from CTI or Bridgepoint!??
How diabolical but wise.

Good luck, you'll like the quality products at CTI or Bridgeport. :stir:

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Oh-- you weasel-- you only want to sell low grade stuff to the competition while you use the good stuff from CTI or Bridgepoint!??
How diabolical but wise.

Good luck, you'll like the quality products at CTI or Bridgeport. :stir:

Actually I hear to start selling their line you need to buy about $30,000 worth of chemicals. This is something I just want to do on the side very low key not worried too much about getting into debt to begin with

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Adam;

Our Buy-in is $7.5K (which would suit your geographic area better)

Which would get you several unique products that the other mfgs. haven't figured out (Impregnator, POG, PowerMax, Odor Solv, etc.).

I would think that a person should man the store for fixed hours.

Give me a call if you decide this is what you want to do.

Larry

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Adam;

Our Buy-in is $7.5K (which would suit your geographic area better)

Which would get you several unique products that the other mfgs. haven't figured out (Impregnator, POG, PowerMax, Odor Solv, etc.).

I would think that a person should man the store for fixed hours.

Give me a call if you decide this is what you want to do.

Larry[/QUOTE

I really like your stuff but didn't think you did the distributor thing. If I decide to do that I will give you a call.
Thanks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
is this like the potheads that buy a 1/4 lb and sell three Oh-Zee's at retail to get their O-zee free?

or are you really trying to make money selling to local CC'ers??
in a market that's saturated (no pun intended) with juice and juice salesmen ??:headscratch:

g'luck

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
But Marty it's always been about marketing to him ....facebook etc.
Don't you get it?

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
You could look at DSC as well.
Unless you plan on opening a shop with at least 1 full time person staffing the counter it would be more frustration than it is worth. Someone will always have an emergency that becomes your problem and bad customer service when you cannot accommodate them to their standards.

Name
Nate W.
Are you prepared to make yourself one annoying ass who post videos of yourself all day long?

All I know is his bicycle peddling story he told at MF Santa Cruz was the highlight of my trip.. You should ask him to tell you that one... :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom