Chemdry and homedepots warranty..........

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
One of my Customers bought some carpet from Homedepot a few months ago........ They had chem dry clean it... Its a mess. The local chemdry here only does Bonnett cleaning. And it says right on the carpet manufacturers website bonnet cleaning will void the warranty. Now i know some chem dry have truck mounts this one does not.......... How do I let homedepot know about this? I'm sure they wouldnt recommend carpet cleaning like this........... Either the local broke as chem dry needs to get a truckmount or another company needs to clean the carpets. Right? How do I go about snitching them out?

Heres a pic of the Warranty sales brochure. might be to hard to see

chemwhode.jpg

The warranty seems to imply that ONLY chemdry can fulfill the warranty. I think that is very sleezy!! So sleezy that it must be against the law. and if it's not than a law needs to be made.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
There is a clause at the bottom that says when "Chemdry" is not available, other comparable providers may be used to fulfill the HD Carpet Maint Plan.
The are talking about the HCE not the bonnet cleaning. That means any comparable cleaner CAN do the work and not void the warrantee.

"using specifically-approved cleaning methods"
LIke to see them enforce that in court. I guess its THEIR warrantee so they can specify whatever they want. Don't think the manufacturer would back them.

I don't think there is a HCE CD in Victoria.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I called the warranty line pretending to be a customer.. They checked on it and it states that........... Chem who must use hot water steam extraction.... I explained that the local chem who only uses bonnett cleaning.......... they said well, thats the one we have been using, if they are lying about having a steam machine call chem dry corporate

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Understand that Home Depot is selling a carpet maintenance plan. The customers pays the extra fee based on the square feet of carpet purchased and that includes the cleaning.

Since they have sold the customer a Chem Dry mainteance package, the customer has already paid for the cleaning. Hard to compete with that.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Very often the fiber is made by one producer and sold to the mill. The mill mfgs the carpet and sells it to the retailer, in this case Home Depot. Home Depot owns Chem Dry and, of course, points to Chem Dry in the warranty ... selling a maintenance plan to the buyers. Quite likely the fiber producer has no idea what the warranty HD gives actually says nor how it may actually differ from the actual warranty that the fiber mfg. honors. (Like Dupont)

www.admiralclean.net
Carpet Cleaning Prattville
"Service sells cleaning"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom