Chemeister Grease Eraser vs Esteam Attack?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
I cleaned a house yesterday with an unbelievable amount of dirt/grease/grime.Years of it plus there had been a water leak and it put huge stains on the carpet. I had Attack on my truck which I so far had used more as a prespotting agent rather than a prespray. Normally I use Chemeister Grease eraser.
I decided on this job to completely prespray with the Attack first, rinse and then do it again with the Grease Eraser.
As soon as i put the Attack down the dirt just seemed to fade away on contact and when I rinsed, the carpet was clean. I was amazed.
Now I'm thinking the Attack might actually be better than my Chemeister Grease Eraser.
I might switch brands.
Esteam has another prespray called Suspend. There is a company in my area that mixes the two in a prespray. Both products claim to do the same thing, what might be the reason why they are doing that?
Is there anyone here who uses Attack and/or Suspend? There is suspend Free also ( no butyl ) what are the advantages or disadvantages there?
I looked at their Performance CBS product, which might be good but I don't like the way it smells.

Name
Eric Valentine
I have been using Attack for several years. Attack has been my regular prespray for most of that time, mixed at 1-2 oz/gallon. Mix a little powdered peroxide in, and it kicks ass. Performance CBS has a nice citrus scent at final dilution. If you use Attack and CBS together, the final scent reminds me of lemon-lime soda.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I've tried some Esteem products in the past; Performance CBS and something else but I don't recall which one. They mixed extremely easily, nice light fragrance-not overpowering, but I didn't notice any difference in cleaning ability over any of the other chemicals I've used.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I'm also trying to avoid butyl based cleaners. Is Redline butyl based??

Some days, Grease Eraser is out of this world, other days....it just ain't got it. I actually went back to a straight procyon pre-spray on a job yesterday, and it out cleaned all the other stuff I been using.......S&G, GE, ......

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I just did another job using Attack instead of Grease eraser. The Mom had passed away at over 90 and the house she lived in was in really bad shape. The daughter is trying to get the house presentable now so she can sell it. The carpet was a mess. Stains everywhere, yellow, grease and lots of spilled coffee, a great place to see if my last experience with Attack was just a fluke.
The stuff really is great. The daughter looked at the job after I was done and told me she was "amazed" at the difference and so was I actually.
As I spray it down I can see the stains and dirt just disappear and extracting it is a piece of cake. Even the coffee stains where I would normally have used a tannin spotter just disappeared.And that's just the Attack with a little citrus in my prespray. Maybe I don't always need to have it in my prespray, but I figure it can't hurt ( at least not on nylon and olefin ) and it's not so expensive that it's going to put me out of business.
I really like Grease Eraser but I really have the strong suspicion that Attack is better. So I'll be buying a bucket tomorrow and start using it.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I just did a sitting area in a laundromat that I clean about every 6 weeks or so. Pretty worn older commercial carpet. My first time cleaning it with Attack, and I think there was a real improvement over the Grease Eraser. It seems I don't get the extreme before and after line while I'm rinsing. The attack starts working as soon as i put it down so the whole carpet looks clean already just after prespraying it. The Chemeister Grease Eraser needs to be extracted to show what it can do. That makes the Chemeister more impressive looking while I'm extracting, but I still think that Attack gets the carpets cleaner with less effort. There aren't many responses for this thread so I suppose Attack is not really popular here but I'm really impressed and the more I use it the more I like it.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
gimmeagig said:
There aren't many responses for this thread so I suppose Attack is not really popular here but I'm really impressed and the more I use it the more I like it.

Cleanco manufacturing is a Canadian Co. makes Esteem chems? I don't think many guys in the US are familiar with them. But from what a disty in New Hampshire who sells, installs, services their truckmounts and chems, says they are the "Prochem of Canada".
Cleaner I know here in Maine switched from running 2 Steamways to a Cleanco 56 after attending a CAD last year. He said the heat won't match his Steamway but he said he doesn't need 250+ on every job and that it was more than sufficient to get the job done.

Not sure if he's switched over to Esteem chems or not.

Have you tried any other chems? I thought the CBS smelled good. Chalk that one up to personal preference or my faulty memory of what I recall it smelled like.

Thanks for the feedback on your recent experiences with Attack.

Bill

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
gimmeagig said:
There aren't many responses for this thread so I suppose Attack is not really popular here

cause it's not a "board de jour" juice, Rox
It takes a couple/three "heavyweights" extolling the virtues of juice or product to start the board de jour phenomenon.
It's amazing (to me) how so many "mediocre" products have risen to "greatness" as a result of the phenomenon

but I'm really impressed and the more I use it the more I like it

That's the way to be, Rox
Never take anyone's word for it...no matter how great the board de jour hype may be .
Be "your own man" LIKE!

..L.T.A.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
So I bought some Attack to test against my usual Grease Eraser. Test room today was a messy old lady room, she's been moved to assisted living.

Attack on left, Grease Eraser sprayed on right:

EsteamAttackvsGreaseEraser002.jpg

EsteamAttackvsGreaseEraser004.jpg

Didn't notice any difference. Attack smells nice while spraying , GE as no odor.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've been using Attack for years, mostly in restaurants; have mentioned it several times too. But since its Canadian made and the majority of cleaners are southerners, I don't imagine too many of ya'll will be importing it.
That prespray made a believer out of me, back in 94-95 I was cleaning a condo, some black soil off a kitchen I hit with everything I had at that time and nothing, then tried my sample of Attack, 1oz/gal, POOF, gone, no black! And that was with a porty! Wherever it touches, it cleans!

The Suspend is nice, I prefer the Suspend Free because its butyl free, nice scent to it. I was using it before I started using O2. Its meant for "normal" residential, has a lower pH, more for "soil" removal than grease and oils. Thats where the Attack kicks butt. For a nasty place, the Attack, pH of 11.5, with a little Suspend, does a phenomenal job.

I pay about $250CDN for a 50lb pail. The only product that seems to work as well or better is the Slop and Gobble.

S

sam miller

Ya I actually have a cleanco disty here in town well he moved to santa clarita but live's out here.

The suspend was a ultrapac knock off while the attack I tried as a sample, I did try the powder looked like a formula 90 knock off wasnt overly impressed. It worked fine I guess.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The UC Clean did perform well when I used it. Forget what made me move away from it. I think it was the Neutraliser, one of them burned my skin, literally, when I got a little spilled on my fingers! I liked their Protector too; good performance, application, price, and no dilution-just straight. I think it was silicon based however.

Comparing ANY cleaner to the new GREEN cleaners is going to make them look good. I remember asking Joe, the chemist at one of the manufacturers, what the down side was to the new green products they were bragging about at Connections a few years back. He said simply; They don't work as good.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Formula 90 is an emulsifier you run thru your system.

Have you tried Hydramaster's "BLITZ" ?

They also have a enzyme prespray that has a nice lemon scent and is a powder.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom