Chemical Adjusting

lesterj2

I have ran into another problem... I took a few pics and kinda explained everything and its connections... Does anybody have any info to help me...

75668988vt2.jpg

lesterj2

oh damm my bad, LOL
how do i adjust the pump to start sucking chemicals out of the jug... for some reason its not pumping...

Name
Shawn Forsythe
I think you answered your own question in the picture you posted. You make note of a "Chemical Adjusting Knob". That's it!

If you have opened your flowmeter knob, and the chem adjusting knob all the way, then you may simply have a problem with a worn or inoperable component.

Make sure you have adequately primed the system by closing the valve below the chem pump, and simultaneously opening the silver colored handle on the valve located to the left of the chemical pump. Don't worry about the short burst of "black stuff", unless it is more than one quick burst, or if priming the system does not return everything to normal.

Once it has primed (when the lower hose is flowing continuously). Check the main pressure to see if priming has any effect on the output pressure (which it shouldn't). If all is well, return the silver handled valve to closed, and the black handled valve to open. Chemical should then flow, when the wand is keyed. If not, you are back to diagnosing a worn or inoperable part, such as a blown diaphragm, bad check valve (pump or differential), or a bad chem adjust valve (least likely).

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK...what am i missing here....don't you's guys know when yor getting yor chain....yanked?

lesterj2

so i should turn the black switch then open & close the silver one until i get a continuous flow from the tube... and once i have the continuous flow put both switches back in the position as it is in the pic... and should that hose just be pumping into the floorboard of the van or into my chem. jug...

lesterj2

bob vawter said:
OK...what am i missing here....don't you's guys know when yor getting yor chain....yanked?
dude whats your problem... you steady think someone has time to be joking around and playing games...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Listen up lester....let the big Injun pull the wash basin out and you can make yor escape......

lesterj2

bob vawter said:
Listen up lester....let the big Injun pull the wash basin out and you can make yor escape......
scratchheadew7.gif
i wonder are you always this funny especially in person...
smartassgf8.gif

lesterj2

ok thats kool... but the way i explained to do it after Shawn Forsythe is it the correct way to do it...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
lester...listen to me....i am way WAY smarter than that Shawn Foresythe ever THOUGHT he'd be........yor welcome ta come over in the Rubber Room an' see how i'm schoolin' him.......

lesterj2

bob vawter said:
lester...listen to me....i am way WAY smarter than that Shawn Foresythe ever THOUGHT he'd be........yor welcome ta come over in the Rubber Room an' see how i'm schoolin' him.......
im not saying you arent a smart guy... all im asking is a way to get my chemical flowing... he answered my question but i think i read to much into it.... that was my reason of posting my interpretation of his post but he never replied... so could you maybe tell me if my interpretation was correct... Thanks in advance...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Yes what Shawn was so clumsily TRYIN' to say is......that using the Ventura effect or what is more commonly known as Bernoulli's Principle a stream of moving water has a tendency the pull another stream of water along wit it IF it is plumbed correctly...NOW reducing the stream of the FIRST flow will inherently make the flow of the second stream stronger thus the need for the Dywers flowmeter to control the flow of the second stream......however there is dire need for a footvalve in the drawjug so as not to let the stream flow backwards into the jug........It's all really very simple!

lesterj2

bob vawter said:
Yes what Shawn was so clumsily TRYIN' to say is......that using the Ventura effect a stream of moving water has a tendency the pull another stream of water along wit it IF it is plumbed correctly...NOW reducing the stream of the FIRST flow will inherently make the flow of the second stream stronger thus the need for the Dywers flowmeter to control the flow of the second stream......however there is dire need for a footvalve in the drawjug so as not to let the stream flow backwards into the jug........It's all really very simple!
atleast i kinda understood him... you now have me completly lost... how about just telling me if i explained it right when he told me...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK lester..i'll break it down some!

Bernoulli's principle can be applied to various types of fluid flow, resulting in what is loosely denoted as Bernoulli's equation. But in fact there are different forms of the Bernoulli equation for different types of flow. The simple form of Bernoulli's principle is valid for incompressible flows (e.g. most liquid flows) and also for compressible flows (e.g. gases) moving at low Mach numbers. More advanced forms may in some cases be applied to compressible flows at higher Mach numbers.

Bernoulli's principle is equivalent to the principle of conservation of energy. This states that in a steady flow the sum of all forms of mechanical energy in a fluid along a streamline is the same at all points on that streamline. This requires that the sum of kinetic energy and potential energy remain constant. If the fluid is flowing out of a reservoir the sum of all forms of energy is the same on all streamlines because in a reservoir the energy per unit mass (the sum of pressure and gravitational potential ?gh) is the same everywhere.

Fluid particles are subject only to pressure and their own weight. If a fluid is flowing horizontally and along a section of a streamline, where the speed increases it can only be because the fluid on that section has moved from a region of higher pressure to a region of lower pressure; and if its speed decreases, it can only be because it has moved from a region of lower pressure to a region of higher pressure. Consequently, within a fluid flowing horizontally, the highest speed occurs where the pressure is lowest, and the lowest speed occurs where the pressure is highest.

I hope that clears it up for ya....

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Lester,

I'm sorry for not responding in a manner that headed off the confrontation with Bob Vawter here, but perhaps it is just as well.

Bob will use personal emotions regarding irrelevant events to guide his responses to this thread. I disagree strongly with Bob that I am not fully familiar with both the function and user operation of the chemical system here. Bob is however interjecting a lesser knowledge of a competitive system that operates quite differently to apply to this one. Now that he has fully confused the situation, I am hard pressed to straighten it out, especially if I must also address personal attacks to clarify matters.

The White Magic system does not operate utilizing a venturi injection technique, so the aforementioned that Bob has put forth is not applicable, nor helpful to your situation. But Bob has much more discretionary time on his hands to prank the situation for his own amusement. Far more time that I can muster to contest it.

gasaxe

lesterj2 said:
so i should turn the black switch then open & close the silver one until i get a continuous flow from the tube... and once i have the continuous flow put both switches back in the position as it is in the pic... and should that hose just be pumping into the floorboard of the van or into my chem. jug...

i believe you have it correct. The brass piece that is plumbed to your pump is the chemical injection pump. It has a diaphram that uses a pulse off of the high pressure pump to inject your rinse chem. into the high pressure side of your cleaning water post heat exchanger. By opening the brass valve with the steel handle and closing the chrome valve with the black plastic handle you allow the pump to pump to atmosphere and prime itself. Sometimes you can help it a little by placing the clear tube that is blowing on the floor of your van into your vaccum system. Once the pump has primed you return the valves like in the picture and you should be able to adjust flow, My last step has a seperate needle valve, i guess yours is on the flowmeter? It should only show chem flow when the tool is keyed. If not then you have a leak in you hp system somewhere or a check valve that is not working properly.

lesterj2

well i tried it and when i closed the black one and opened the steel handle the tube thats shooting on the floor of the van started shooting a heavy forced stream of water...

hogjowl

Idiot™
Seriously Lester, if you can afford the gas (BOTH WAYS!), and will take me out for lunch, and worship me forever afterward, you are more than welcome to come spend a day (ONLY ONE DAY, AND YOU CAN'T COME HOME AND MEET THE FAMILY) with me. Bring your truck with you.

Doofus! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom