Chemical knowledgeable people, what can this be used for?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Label is washed out this is barely legible on the back.

What is this stuff and what can it be used for?

null-5.jpg

It is powder form.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
It's either a emulsifier or a prespray.

Leaning toward a prespray.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
If that is the total component list, it isn't too far off from potentially being a surfactant free detergent, in-tank cleaner. Quite high in pH, I would say. The metasilicate would make it so.
The use of phosphates indicate commercial/industrial use (not consumer).
Without knowing the relative amounts of each, it would be difficult to assign a specific purpose.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A little off subject but what should be done with "Old" Cleaning Chems? 10-years old or more. Bottles are yellowed and some solutions have even separated. I used to give my old chems to another smaller cleaner but these have been around so long I doubt he'd take then.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I have almost 40 pounds of this stuff, can I use it to pre spray when pressure washing or what?

Way to hijack my thread Chavez!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Probably need to put them down a sanitary system if legal in your area or turn them in when there is a waste collection at ur dpw.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Michael;

From the components, I would say it is probably an institutional laundry detergent.

It requires high temp to activate some of the components.

Mix some up and see if it foams at all (which would indicate a surfactant).

Larry

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Probably need to put them down a sanitary system if legal in your area or turn them in when there is a waste collection at ur dpw.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Be careful even in the sanitary. If you create a big foaming problem at the waste water plant, in smaller areas they can track back the trail. It's happened in this area. Waste water tracked back a big foaming problem at their plant to a local manufacturer that overloaded it's sanitary with some detergent for cleaning aluminum. When I had to get rid of 100 gallons of old screen print ink, I checked with the local Govment recycler. They had a company to take it, but it cost me $300.00. At least I have the paperwork to back me up. And that ink isn't fouling up some landfill. (the waste water plant had to dump the foam in their parking lot and move it around with plow trucks. Hell, I coulda taken some powdered defoamer down there and fixed their problem in a few minutes!)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom