Chemical pump priming

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I can't seem to get the float to act right on my chemical meter. It seems like it primes okay then sometimes when I clean with it, it stops pulling soap. When I go back to the van...bubbles at the top of soap meter and won't prime.
I replaced the chemical pump diaphragm not too long ago and it seems like I may have a loose hose. One end that screws into the pump diaphragm has that "swivel" end because the other end of that hose is fixed. This allows you to tighten the hose. Problem seems to be that the swivel is a little loose. Is this normal? I don't want to over tighten it and strip it. Can air get into these "swivel" ends if they aren't tight? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I have problems with my Boxxer 421 all of the time not staying primed. When it acts up, I'll replace the diaphragm, check valves, & O rings. I'll replace hoses if they are looking bad. Sometimes the meter can be bad too. If there is anywhere that air can get in, it won't work right. I don't know about the hose that you are talking about, but if it is loose enough for air to get in, it will be a problem.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I have problems with my Boxxer 421 all of the time not staying primed. When it acts up, I'll replace the diaphragm, check valves, & O rings. I'll replace hoses if they are looking bad. Sometimes the meter can be bad too. If there is anywhere that air can get in, it won't work right. I don't know about the hose that you are talking about, but if it is loose enough for air to get in, it will be a problem.

Thanks Charlie. It's a very standard high pressure/heat water hose. It's a blue one probably made by Goodyear. It's short, probably 2 feet long, running between the meter and pump. One end is fixed with a stainless nut end. That end gets tightened first leaving the remaining stainless nut end that turns. Even when that nut is tight, there is still a little play in the hose where it attaches to the nut end. I think air might be getting in there? I might just try flipping that hose around tomorrow and see if that tightens it all up? I over tightened it once where it screws into the chemical pump. I stripped a brass piece that attaches to the pump and had to order that part. Maybe I was too careful when I put it back on...

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I took all the hoses off to replace Teflon and check connections. Thought I went that far, might as well open the pump up and check the diaphragm. It's shot. Less than a year ago it was replaced. Got 2 on the way...

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom